1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Todd Shelton, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ljl

ljl Member

I am digging the rules dialog! What does #3 mean for the dog days of summer? Do you see a strong seasonal look coming from this rule. Most guys switch to khakis and chinos as the spring turns into summer, lightening everything up. Will this reduce the idea of all-season pieces?

2. Todd Shelton

Todd Shelton Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Good news on the jeans, thanks. When you say midnight, do you mean tonal stitching? Or blue warp and blue weft? Or something else?

Agreed, ribbed cuff on waffle henley would be a nice upgrade for waffle 2.0.

3. Todd Shelton

It's a good question, I haven't thought about it. Quick reaction is that I still like the rule as is for shorts. Shooting from the hip here, I think stone colored shorts are probably the most popular color of shorts - and that limits the shirts you can wear with them to whites - which is a nice Summer look.

4. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Distinguished Member

Blue weft on blue warp - something that frankly has a little less interest/texture. i think the stitching on the pro soft darks in just right - the tonal stitching model you had up just felt a little off to me.

5. Todd Shelton

I'll investigate.

6. Todd Shelton

We released Linen/Cotton shirts. We styled them in long sleeves, we'll show them later this season in short sleeve. You can see them here: https://toddshelton.com/shirts

2019_0508_styleforum3.jpg
    2019_0508_styleforum.jpg
    2019_0508_styleforum4.jpg
    2019_0508_styleforum2.jpg

7. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

First photos of my pro original darks. I love them.

51FFE694-5368-4D22-8769-58448F0C3154.jpeg 129B0490-1F4B-4A02-993E-2CE6C172EA29.jpeg

8. WillingToLearn

was wearing my pro soft darks all day today, stan smiths and a suede valstar...

i have not thought about a mid rinse jeans in a while, but tempted for sure.

i could not be any happier with my first pair.

9. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

I have three pair: pro original dark, pro original light, and black. I love them all.

10. Todd Shelton

The jean looks good. I'm happy with that fit. Basic/Relaxed with a Mid/High rise - look forward to talking with you to see if you could be just as happy with a Standard rise. Length is perfect. Love the low camera angle too.

11. Todd Shelton

I'm going to get a white sneaker within the next month. Probably common projects achilles - a buddy told me the hype is real. What do you think?

This week were sampling a no-contrast mids. Bringing the color down in the fabric before we make the jean, instead of making the jean then bringing the color down. This means we won't have any high/low colors in the denim initially - contrast would only come from wearing and washing. I can visualize it but won't know for sure if its interesting until we finish the sample. If it's interesting, it'll release next month.

12. WillingToLearn

I get the appeal of common projects, but somehow I feel more "me" in a simple $60 stan smith (and moving to rod laver model in summer when it gets hot). If i am going to pop for an expensive sneaker, i'd probably do something in a nice brown that i could wear to work on a casual day.

13. Todd Shelton

If you find a brown sneaker and think other guys here might like it, I'd love for you to share a photo. I'm sure a lot of guys here are thinking about what sneakers to wear to the office and out to dinner, etc.

14. Todd Shelton