1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Todd Shelton, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

Not cords, sashiko! There was no way to tell in that photo. You can see it here.

30FBEB6E-6DF2-46AB-92C7-8CE0D9E5DAE3.jpeg

:)

2. Todd Shelton

Todd Shelton Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Man...you've got range. :worship2:

3. drfwtx

drfwtx Senior Member

Just finished a somewhat long (because of me) process of ordering a pair of denim, made to measure. Can't wait. Todd and Jessica were super helpful over the phone/email in every element of fit, how each rinse/wash might vary, and so on. Loved this process and can't wait for the finished project. If you're patient and will think thoroughly about what you like/don't like, this is a great deal and a fun experience. And obviously, do the fit kit.

4. Todd Shelton

Awesome, so glad you're onboard. Jessica is very good, she'll take care of you. I'll keep an eye on your progress too.

Thanks for mentioning the patience piece, our fit options are going to be unfamiliar to a lot of guys - it's a different product and shopping experience. But if a guy will be patient, 100% we can dial him in.

5. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

Truth.

6. Todd Shelton

Lately, I've been hearing people say "pair of denim" instead of "pair of jeans". I've heard enough people say it that it's becoming a thing; the guys on the GQ podcast said "pair of denim" recently.

Is "pair of denim" becoming acceptable language?

7. Todd Shelton

Today, we're doing a t-shirt fabric challenge. You may remember we did a sweatshirt challenge months ago, some of you are currently participating, and it's going to wrap up soon.

Now we've identified two t-shirt fabrics, both all cotton, and we think one will become our cotton t-shirt fabric of the future. One uses a single ply yarn, the other uses a twisted yarn and special finishing. These fabrics are from two different knitting mills inside Portugal.

These types of challenges are most important with knits because they endure the most washing and in different conditions (people wash things differently). If we can get 48 engaged guys to test these t-shirt fabrics and provide feedback, we can make better decisions about which fabric is best.

In this test, both t-shirts are black (to accurately compare color), both crew neck, but you can specify short sleeve or long sleeve. And obviously all of our fit options come with these t-shirts. The price is $95 for both.

I hope some of you will participate. You can read more about it here: https://toddshelton.com/t-shirts/cotton-tshirt-fabric-challenge

2019_0319_newsletter1.jpg
    2019_0319_newsletter2.jpg