• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

drfwtx

Reaction score
Just finished a somewhat long (because of me) process of ordering a pair of denim, made to measure. Can't wait. Todd and Jessica were super helpful over the phone/email in every element of fit, how each rinse/wash might vary, and so on. Loved this process and can't wait for the finished project. If you're patient and will think thoroughly about what you like/don't like, this is a great deal and a fun experience. And obviously, do the fit kit.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just finished a somewhat long (because of me) process of ordering a pair of denim, made to measure. Can't wait. Todd and Jessica were super helpful over the phone/email in every element of fit, how each rinse/wash might vary, and so on. Loved this process and can't wait for the finished project. If you're patient and will think thoroughly about what you like/don't like, this is a great deal and a fun experience. And obviously, do the fit kit.
Awesome, so glad you're onboard. Jessica is very good, she'll take care of you. I'll keep an eye on your progress too.

Thanks for mentioning the patience piece, our fit options are going to be unfamiliar to a lot of guys - it's a different product and shopping experience. But if a guy will be patient, 100% we can dial him in.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lately, I've been hearing people say "pair of denim" instead of "pair of jeans". I've heard enough people say it that it's becoming a thing; the guys on the GQ podcast said "pair of denim" recently.

Is "pair of denim" becoming acceptable language?

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today, we're doing a t-shirt fabric challenge. You may remember we did a sweatshirt challenge months ago, some of you are currently participating, and it's going to wrap up soon.

Now we've identified two t-shirt fabrics, both all cotton, and we think one will become our cotton t-shirt fabric of the future. One uses a single ply yarn, the other uses a twisted yarn and special finishing. These fabrics are from two different knitting mills inside Portugal.

These types of challenges are most important with knits because they endure the most washing and in different conditions (people wash things differently). If we can get 48 engaged guys to test these t-shirt fabrics and provide feedback, we can make better decisions about which fabric is best.

In this test, both t-shirts are black (to accurately compare color), both crew neck, but you can specify short sleeve or long sleeve. And obviously all of our fit options come with these t-shirts. The price is $95 for both.

I hope some of you will participate. You can read more about it here: https://toddshelton.com/t-shirts/cotton-tshirt-fabric-challenge

2019_0319_newsletter1.jpg

2019_0319_newsletter2.jpg

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We don't put a leather patch on jeans. One big reason was just to not contribute to the unnecessary use of animal products. That was my personal believe, I like animals.

Lately I've been reading more stories about the use of leather. And there's a debate whether leather is a by-product of the food industry - or not. My assumption was it was not a by-product.

This morning I googled articles to learn more on this issue. Basically I found that demand for beef is increasing globally, because more people can afford to eat beef. And leather consumption is kind of decreasing because more people are wearing synthetic shoes. And due to both of these issues, there is a glut of leather in the market. One article said there's so much unnecessary leather it's being burned. Information seemed legit, but I'm sure there's competing views.

I'm putting this out there because it's new information to me. For others that may have had some reservations about their own leather consumption, might also want to know this.

Another interesting note was of a cows total value, only 8% to 10% was the leather.

If you have any thoughts on this, let me know.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We found a mill in Italy that we're excited about. It's small, family-run, only employees about 30 people - has an ethos we endorse - and they're doing high-quality work. One fabric they specialize in is Seersucker. We run Seersucker every Spring, so this year we switched from Japanese to Italian.

We're also testing a trouser fabric from this mill that'll release next Month.

Today we're releasing Vintage Stripe Seersucker in an IPR. It's an off-white base, with a dull navy stripe. It's classic and sophisticated. As you probably know, we make the shirts to order in our East Rutherford, NJ factory. If you have any fit questions, let me know.

You can see it here: https://toddshelton.com/shirts/seersucker-shirt-vintage-stripe

2019_0403_seersucker1.jpg

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have my first pair of jeans and my first waffle henley in process. Very excited. Had a chance to visit the NJ location last week and loved getting to meet the team (although Todd was unfortunately out). Well worth it to refine the fit and make the human connection.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We found a mill in Italy that we're excited about. It's small, family-run, only employees about 30 people - has an ethos we endorse - and they're doing high-quality work. One fabric they specialize in is Seersucker. We run Seersucker every Spring, so this year we switched from Japanese to Italian.

We're also testing a trouser fabric from this mill that'll release next Month.

Today we're releasing Vintage Stripe Seersucker in an IPR. It's an off-white base, with a dull navy stripe. It's classic and sophisticated. As you probably know, we make the shirts to order in our East Rutherford, NJ factory. If you have any fit questions, let me know.

You can see it here: https://toddshelton.com/shirts/seersucker-shirt-vintage-stripe

View attachment 1154123
I have four blue/white long sleeve button down collar seersucker shirts that I wear to work all summer long. I think it’s a very under-rated business casual fabric.

Your fabric looks even nicer than mine. I like the muted tones.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The slub cotton tshirts are soooo good. Unbelievably comfortable.
View attachment 1154920
@beargonefishing You bought it?! Thanks and thanks for posting the pic. Looks to be a really good fit through shoulders, chest, and neck.

i have my first pair of jeans and my first waffle henley in process. Very excited. Had a chance to visit the NJ location last week and loved getting to meet the team (although Todd was unfortunately out). Well worth it to refine the fit and make the human connection.
@WillingToLearn Sorry I missed you last week. The team said you were "great" and that you even assisted with another guy that was feeling a bit uncertain about making the move from looser jeans to more fitted jeans. Thanks.

I have four blue/white long sleeve button down collar seersucker shirts that I wear to work all summer long. I think it’s a very under-rated business casual fabric.

Your fabric looks even nicer than mine. I like the muted tones.
@Patrick R This is one fabric that is a casualty of online photos (72 dpi). It's as good of a seersucker as I've seen, but you can't see the texture and you certainly can't feel it. I've seen your posts where you mix textures, and you're advanced at it - some guys are going to feel uncertain about what they can wear seersucker with. Can they wear it with a smooth dress trouser fabric? Cotton pants? Jeans? I think the answer is yes to all, but it's dependent on the texture of those pants. A lightweight, shiny, super refined dress trouser won't match up to a relaxed cotton seersucker - but seersucker would match up well to a more organic looking, wool/cotton trouser. We shot it with our pro original jean because it has strong texture. Matching up seersucker is not a no-brainer, it requires thought.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Todd - I'd reciprocate by saying your team is great!

What are your thoughts on some seasonal color runs for jeans - a caramel and/or olive duck canvas for Fall, white/off-white for summer?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.