1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Todd Shelton, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Todd Shelton

Todd Shelton Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Today, we're releasing tonal jeans for a limited time, good for guys who have modern-leaning style. https://toddshelton.com/jeans
    These and other denim month releases are IPR (initial production run) offers, which means you can save money.

We have lots of fit options. Don't let that overwhelm you, cause you'll benefit from at least one or more of the more unique options. I can help you navigate the options.

2019_0216_forum1.jpg
    2019_0216_forum2.jpg

2. Todd Shelton

I want to invite styleforum guys to an open house we're having next Saturday. Feb 23, 10AM-4PM.

We're going to have beer, wine, food, sewing activities for kids, a photo gallery, free denim repair, music, etc. Just chatting and snacking. We're in East Rutherford, NJ. If you're in the NYC area, come see us. If you don't have a lot of time, just pop in for 15 minutes. If you think you might come, reply to me here.

3. Todd Shelton

Today we released a new tan selvedge jean. I'm interested to see how our guy responds to colored jeans. You can see it here: https://toddshelton.com/jeans/tan-selvedge-jean

It's 11.5 oz, which is a bit lighter than our Indigo Series and slightly heavier than our Pro Soft Series. It feels and has a surface texture like denim, not so much like chino. Let me know if you have any questions on fit or your thoughts on colored denim. Thanks.

2019_0220_denim_month1.jpg
    2019_0220_denim_month2.jpg

4. Todd Shelton

This Saturday is our Open House. Stop in, have a beer (or a Kombucha) and some snacks and see how we make clothing. It's from 10 to 4. We want to see you here.
    :cheers:

5. ljl

ljl New Member

Todd, thanks for the great event (and the Kombucha)! Really enjoyed meeting the team and other customers.

6. Todd Shelton

Hope you had a good time, thanks so much for coming out. I was happy with the turnout and the energy. It was also a good day for our team!

7. Todd Shelton

What do you think about slub cotton t-shirts? Good or bad?

Today we're doing an Experimental IPR to gauge your interest in slub cotton jersey. We're offering Heather Red and Heather Blue. The fabric is from Japan. The IPR is good through Monday, production begins 3/25. https://toddshelton.com/t-shirts

2019_0306_style_forum.jpg
    2019_0305_newsletter3.jpg

8. Todd Shelton

I posted this thought/question in our email newsletter - and I wanted to see if anyone here had thoughts on this.

I'm wondering how tattoos are interpreted in product photography nowadays. Have they gone mainstream enough in art, entertainment, and sports to have a non-impact on consumers? Or are they a potential liability? I understand the art and subject matter of the tattoo weigh into this discussion as well.

Any thoughts?

9. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

Potential opportunity/liability. They still function to communicate a group to which one belongs. If your audience belongs in that group, it’s an opportunity to reflect/demonstrate community or vice versa. The group is no longer as exclusive, so the message is weaker, but if I were to guess I would think the message isn’t negligible.

10. Todd Shelton

I'd say this is right, although no customer has ever said anything, one way or another.

11. Todd Shelton

This week we're doing an experimental IPR, Baja Cotton Overshirts. This is slubby, very textured shirting from Japan. Probably the first time we've released a shirt this laid back, so I'm curious to see how our guys react. If you have thoughts on this style, let me know here.
    2019_0313_style_forum.jpg
    2019_0313_newsletter1.jpg

12. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

Coincidentally, I’m wearing a slubby, textured cotton shirt today. But I think I’m more comfortable with it being a solid base:

250FDC6A-A38D-4A4E-BD6D-B68A37270AD6.jpeg

13. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Distinguished Member

14. Todd Shelton

That's strong visual texture, the shirt is fun. And with cords! You gave the world a double dose of texture. Thanks for sharing that pic.

In the Fall we do a solid range of cotton/cashmere overshirts.

15. Todd Shelton

It's a valid point, I agree a classic overshirt has pockets with flaps. This is a pretty chunky fabric, pockets with flaps would've certainly added bulk and affect the fit. Some guys like that bulk in an overshirt. We also shot it as not an overshirt, but I think most guys will leave it open or half-open over a t.

2019_0315_style_forum.jpg

We do or have done two chest pockets on some fabrics, and have sampled flaps.

2019_0314_style_forum.jpg

I may make one the Baja's for myself in a two pocket flap style and try it out. Thanks for the note!