• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today, we're releasing tonal jeans for a limited time, good for guys who have modern-leaning style. https://toddshelton.com/jeans
These and other denim month releases are IPR (initial production run) offers, which means you can save money.

We have lots of fit options. Don't let that overwhelm you, cause you'll benefit from at least one or more of the more unique options. I can help you navigate the options.

2019_0216_forum1.jpg

2019_0216_forum2.jpg

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I want to invite styleforum guys to an open house we're having next Saturday. Feb 23, 10AM-4PM.

We're going to have beer, wine, food, sewing activities for kids, a photo gallery, free denim repair, music, etc. Just chatting and snacking. We're in East Rutherford, NJ. If you're in the NYC area, come see us. If you don't have a lot of time, just pop in for 15 minutes. If you think you might come, reply to me here.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today we released a new tan selvedge jean. I'm interested to see how our guy responds to colored jeans. You can see it here: https://toddshelton.com/jeans/tan-selvedge-jean

It's 11.5 oz, which is a bit lighter than our Indigo Series and slightly heavier than our Pro Soft Series. It feels and has a surface texture like denim, not so much like chino. Let me know if you have any questions on fit or your thoughts on colored denim. Thanks.

2019_0220_denim_month1.jpg

2019_0220_denim_month2.jpg

ljl

Reaction score
Todd, thanks for the great event (and the Kombucha)! Really enjoyed meeting the team and other customers.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I posted this thought/question in our email newsletter - and I wanted to see if anyone here had thoughts on this.

I'm wondering how tattoos are interpreted in product photography nowadays. Have they gone mainstream enough in art, entertainment, and sports to have a non-impact on consumers? Or are they a potential liability? I understand the art and subject matter of the tattoo weigh into this discussion as well.

Any thoughts?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted this thought/question in our email newsletter - and I wanted to see if anyone here had thoughts on this.

I'm wondering how tattoos are interpreted in product photography nowadays. Have they gone mainstream enough in art, entertainment, and sports to have a non-impact on consumers? Or are they a potential liability? I understand the art and subject matter of the tattoo weigh into this discussion as well.

Any thoughts?
Potential opportunity/liability. They still function to communicate a group to which one belongs. If your audience belongs in that group, it’s an opportunity to reflect/demonstrate community or vice versa. The group is no longer as exclusive, so the message is weaker, but if I were to guess I would think the message isn’t negligible.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like having 2 bellowed chest pockets with button flaps on those types of shirts. Makes it clearer it is an overshirt to my mind

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I’m wearing a slubby, textured cotton shirt today. But I think I’m more comfortable with it being a solid base:

View attachment 1143493
That's strong visual texture, the shirt is fun. And with cords! You gave the world a double dose of texture. Thanks for sharing that pic.

In the Fall we do a solid range of cotton/cashmere overshirts.

Todd Shelton

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like having 2 bellowed chest pockets with button flaps on those types of shirts. Makes it clearer it is an overshirt to my mind
It's a valid point, I agree a classic overshirt has pockets with flaps. This is a pretty chunky fabric, pockets with flaps would've certainly added bulk and affect the fit. Some guys like that bulk in an overshirt. We also shot it as not an overshirt, but I think most guys will leave it open or half-open over a t.

2019_0315_style_forum.jpg

We do or have done two chest pockets on some fabrics, and have sampled flaps.

2019_0314_style_forum.jpg

I may make one the Baja's for myself in a two pocket flap style and try it out. Thanks for the note!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.