1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Todd Shelton, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Todd Shelton

Todd Shelton Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Interesting that you've dropped denim for moleskins. We plan on releasing a moleskin in the fall. Are your moleskins in a jean-style 5 pocket or a khaki style?
    -
    What color are you looking for in a henley?

2. Splash Pitman

Splash Pitman Active Member

I don't know if you have ever seen " Rodd & Gunn moleskins " they are made in a jeans style almost identical to a zip up Levis , I only wish they came as a button up .

3. Todd Shelton

I wasn't familiar with that brand until now. But I agree, I think they're doing a good job with the 5-pocket non-denim pants.

4. angryjeans

angryjeans Member

Todd,
    Are you at the shop today? I am going to be up that way around noon. Going to a beer fest at the Meadowlands. I’ll stop in if your around.

Kevin

5. Todd Shelton

Didn't know there was a beer fest at Meadowlands. If you run across a small local brewer that would be good for our Denim Month event, let me now. Yes, I'm around. Call when you get here, the door is locked.

6. angryjeans

angryjeans Member

7. Todd Shelton

We photographed the same guy in our 32 Basic jean with our 4 different rise options. Since brands generally don't offer rise options, we, as consumers tend to not focus on it. But rise is that next level step for improving fit.

You'll see rise problems show up in either sagging under the crotch, plumberscrack, or camel toe. If you have any of these issues and want to discuss, reach out to me. We offer 4 rise options. Standard rise is our most popular and an easy option to select for first time customers (cause it's called "Standard" and it has "most popular" beside the option).

I've been wearing our Standard for years. But the next jean I make for myself, it will be Low Rise. I wear my jeans lower on my hips and I could lose a touch of sag.

2019_0204_styleforum.jpg

8. Todd Shelton

Here's a follow up for back rise. I thought the most interesting thing with back rise was how the fit under the crotch didn't change as much as the measurement indicated, it really just affected how high the pant sat on waist.

2019_0206_styleforum.jpg

9. Todd Shelton

We just released a denim jacket. A few things we did different...

1) No chest pockets or flaps to reduce visual clutter and bulk, instead we added two deep interior pockets.
    2) We used a combination of tonal and contrast stitching to keep the dna of a denim jacket, without a dominant workwear feel.
    3) We stopped the buttons at chest and made the collar smaller, this creates a lapel effect, depending on where you button and if you raise the collar or not.
    4) We made it in a 14 oz stretch selvedge which allows for good elbow and back shoulder movement. Red selvedge ID runs up the center back seam.

It's at IPR prices right now: https://toddshelton.com/jeans/selvedge-denim-jean-jacket

Let me know what you think about the design.

2019_0205_jacket2.jpg
    2019_0205_jacket1.jpg 2019_0205_jacket3.jpg

10. Todd Shelton

11. Todd Shelton

We had a write up in Heddels this past week, you can read it here.

12. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

That's a great piece. Well done.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019

13. Todd Shelton

Thanks for reading. :thumbs-up:

14. Todd Shelton

We just released a new jean in 14 oz selvedge stretch denim. This is a good jean for a guy that wants a jean that doesn't look like a stretch jean, but wants the stretch. This jean looks like hardcore denim, but has a bit of give and recovery. We released it in Dark and Raw. It's good.

Here in darks, good for the office: https://toddshelton.com/jeans/pro-stretch-darks-selvedge-jean
    Here in raw, good for the raw guys that want more comfort out of the box: https://toddshelton.com/jeans/pro-stretch-raw-selvedge-jean

If you haven't looked into what we do, our specialty is fit. Working with guys to find a good combination of fit options. Then deliver that fit consistently. Don't let our fits overwhelm you, the fits will help you, and we can help you navigate them.

15. Todd Shelton

This link was posted in another thread: http://riverbluethemovie.eco/ I watched the trailer, I'll try to find time to watch the movie.

Clothing companies that are solely focused on growth and shareholder wealth, like Levi's as they go public, can't put "responsibility" above profit. They can talk as if they will, and they'll make progress along the way, but competing and winning will win at nearly any cost.

For clothing manufacturing, this means always pushing to lower prices which most likely leads to production in countries where labor and environmental laws aren't enforced. These low prices are also leading to overconsumption and overmanufacturing which is the root cause of clothing-related environmental issues.

Point being, 'growth at all costs' corporations, including Levi's, are knowingly doing bad things. I bet the CEO of Levi's justifies it by saying, 'if we weren't doing it, someone else would be doing it, and they may not be a responsible as we are' - and he's probably right. But imo, being the best of the worst, isn't an enviable position to be in.

There's a shift in awareness from consumers on these issues. Just the fact there's more movies being made about these issues shows there's awareness.