1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8 : Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction of the year is for an Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Todd Shelton - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Todd Shelton, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Todd Shelton

Todd Shelton Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Hello Styleforum

My team and I are now official sponsors and we’re excited to be here. I will be running this account, so when you see a comment, it’s from me.

We make what I call practical clothes, for me this means low-key, daily rotational pieces. You can see what we do here: www.toddshelton.com

My brand’s specialty is a wide-range of fit options that can help solve fit problems or allow customers to play with proportions. We buy fabrics only from Japan, Portugal, Italy, England, and the U.S. I love the idea of continual improvement of a garment, working to perfect it. It’s the one area where I think we can add value to this industry.

We make everything in our own factory in East Rutherford, New Jersey (established in 2012). We make to order. Currently we have 5 full-time sewing operators and over 50 sewing machines, we also have 4 team members in our studio.

Any Styleforum member is welcome in our factory and showroom. If you’re in the NYC area, we’d love for you to come see us. You can email us at [email protected] or me personally at [email protected]

I feel a responsibility to talk about issues within fashion that I believe are negatively affecting the industry or society - mainly dealing with consumerism, labor, and the environment. I do this on Twitter, but I may touch on this here to see if there’s any interest on the members side.

My hope is that this thread becomes a place you feel comfortable sharing and giving feedback. I’m open minded. I’m looking to learn from ideas that aren’t my own, and I’ll be appreciative. If you don’t initially love what we’re doing, I’d ask you to stay engaged, share ideas, inspire us. Running an independent fashion brand isn’t easy, I know we need a larger community of support and ideas to survive/succeed.

Thanks

Todd

2. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

Just took a look at the site and the in-between sizes and fit adjustments possible look quite intriguing. You have put a lot of work into those size charts but I did notice a key one on the denim that probably would help, the thigh measurement. It's one I always check when looking into a pair.

What kind of lead times are the products if they are all MTO?

3. Todd Shelton

Thanks for the note and for breaking the ice. Generally, lead times are between 6 and 10 days. We offer a group production discount and those lead times are within 24 days, that enables us be a bit more efficient by grouping like-minded products together. The group production option appears once a user has clicked add to bag. And we can rush, within 4 days, when a customer has an urgent need.

The thigh is an important measurement for lots of our guys. We display upper block options of Lean, Basic and Relaxed - it's a seat and thigh combo - but we also offer Lean/Basic and Basic/Relaxed when we need to get more exact for a customer. We don't display these in-between upper block options online to not confuse first time buyers, but we start those discussions, if they're necessary, when we follow up.

4. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

Thanks for the clarification, the group production thing is a cool option if you aren't in a rush.

5. Todd Shelton

Thank you. Group production gives us flexibility and it's beneficial for our customers. New products release with a super group discount, generally 25%, because the release day is when any surge happens and we can read demand.

6. Todd Shelton

If any of you are going to Denim Days in NYC today and would like to meet up and say hello, send me an email at [email protected] - I'm heading in alone, so I'd love to connect for a minute.

7. notdos

notdos Senior Member

Welcome. Liking the website and options.

Phillip :)

8. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

Nice range of products, especially the chambrays.

I know that you're going for shirts on the more casual end of the spectrum, but it might be helpful to see the 'office' shirts with the collar closed, to give a sense of whether it would work with a tie.

9. Todd Shelton

Great to hear from you and thanks for the note. I really appreciate the suggestion on office shirts, I can see where that’s a blind spot. Please always feel free to shoot over thoughts.

10. Todd Shelton

Hi Phillip. Thanks so much. Fit options are a tricky thing online. You must have an engaged person willing to navigate those options. Industry standard options offer so much less resistance during a purchase. But to differentiate and make practical clothes better, we have to have them. Thanks again for noticing.

11. mikejb

mikejb Member

I'm a satisfied Todd Shelton customer, I have a pair of jeans and a pair of chinos...some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As someone who has a tough time getting OTR pants to fit, having multiple sizing options was great. If you are in the NJ/NY area I would highly recommend visiting the Todd Shelton factory to figure out your size and talk to Todd and his associates. Todd's commitment to made-in-the-USA and his commitment to source his fabrics from places that share his values is admirable and nice to buy in to.

[​IMG]

IMG_2683.jpg

12. Todd Shelton

Thanks for that post. Looks like you have Pro Original Jeans and Bandit Khakis. How's the fit and how are they working out? Did you come into the factory or did you order online?

13. mikejb

mikejb Member

The fit is great and no complaints on either pair. I ordered the jeans on clearance (Summer 2017) and came into the factory to dial in the fit for the khakis and placed the order then (Spring 2018).

14. Todd Shelton

Great, thanks for the support. Come see us this Fall.

15. Todd Shelton

We're releasing 8 new flannel shirts today. We've done this the past 3 years at the end of September, we call it Flannel Fest. This year we have 6 fabrics from Portugal and 2 fabrics from Japan. We make these shirts in our East Rutherford, NJ factory - one seamstress will cut and sew the entire shirt. We can do a lot for you in terms of fit - if you're looking for a flannel shirt this Fall, please take a look at what we're offering.

When we release a new product, we offer it at 25% off for the first day. This allows us to see how popular an item is going to be, then group the orders together. It makes our factory more efficient and we can pass the savings on to the customer. Since Flannel Fest is a bigger event than a single product release, we're extending this promo till next Monday morning, 10/1.

Here's a look at the patterns:

2018_0926_flannel.jpg
    2018_0926_flannel_patterns.jpg
    You can learn more here: www.toddshelton.com/shirts

I can help with product or fit questions...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018