• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Todd Shelton jeans (review and a question)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooshay
You animal! Do you have hair growing on your teeth??!
nah brah, I take of that **** when a GTL so wanna hear some fuckin sick ****??? so last night me and my boys (j-henry, we call him 'tbone' and charlie, we call him 'funny') are partying in this SICKKKK joint, onyx platinum, when this fuckin skanky ass ho is all like 'yo why you wearing sunglasses in the club?' and im like LOOK ***** THESE ARE FUCKIN LOUIS VUITTIONS???? THEY COST $600 !!! PLEASSEE and she was all like 'oh sorry' and im like 'yea sup' and guess what BANGED THAT ***** OUT

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ran train last night on some club skanks with my bros. didn't even take my *** denimz off.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spam or marketing endeavour?

Edge904

Reaction score
disclaimer: never purchased from this guy, and have no personal interest in the company, but: From the description of his selvage denim ... (link)
13 oz right hand twill selvage denim (North Carolina) Standard straight leg Pre-shrunk. Rinsed Made in the USA (California)
... which leads me to believe the entire garment is made domestically. Actually, federal commerce rules prohibit a company from stamping 'Made in the USA' on an item if any critical portion of the finished product is not domestically manufactured. I would argue that jeans could not be marked 'Made in the USA' if they were made of 'Chinese selvage' denim. And stylistic reasons aside, if given the choice of purchasing an item manufactured in the USA vs China, Mexico, Turkey, etc., I'll pick USA. Why would an American citizen not help keep fellow Americans employed? I sell to a lot of manufacturers of goods, and have seen a lot of the domestic manufacturers pack up and leave in search of cheaper labor. Generally further cost reductions from utilizing shoddy raw materials and methods go along with that. So to the guy that asked "why would you care" where the garments are made, that's why. I like my country, I like supporting its workers, and I dislike paying good money for ****** products made with slave labor. I'm not totally against imported goods, but generally buy from developed countries whenever possible.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
hell yes just had mine 5'11 170
fistbump.gif

I'm 5'11" and just north of 170 lbs (disclaimer - at least 10 of that is pure fat.) ****, I'm turning into jet. Also fought professionally *and* knocked up my wife more than once. Boom! What's the prize? Edit - just in case I didn't put in enough to win - I roll (Brazilian jiujitsu) with true heavyweights on a regular basis, and I've knocked out 250 pounders. Also, I once won a kegstand competition while I was a undergrad (that was over 15 years ago, but whatever.)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edge904
disclaimer: never purchased from this guy, and have no personal interest in the company, but:

From the description of his selvage denim ... (link)

... which leads me to believe the entire garment is made domestically. Actually, federal commerce rules prohibit a company from stamping 'Made in the USA' on an item if any critical portion of the finished product is not domestically manufactured. I would argue that jeans could not be marked 'Made in the USA' if they were made of 'Chinese selvage' denim.

And stylistic reasons aside, if given the choice of purchasing an item manufactured in the USA vs China, Mexico, Turkey, etc., I'll pick USA. Why would an American citizen not help keep fellow Americans employed? I sell to a lot of manufacturers of goods, and have seen a lot of the domestic manufacturers pack up and leave in search of cheaper labor. Generally further cost reductions from utilizing shoddy raw materials and methods go along with that. So to the guy that asked "why would you care" where the garments are made, that's why. I like my country, I like supporting its workers, and I dislike paying good money for ****** products made with slave labor. I'm not totally against imported goods, but generally buy from developed countries whenever possible.

I'm guessing that he uses Cone Mills denim, the quality of which varies from okay to very nice. Though there are plenty of decent mills elsewhere, the best denim mills right now are in Japan.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joz411no
I like Todd's stuff. That is if that is relevant to this thread. No jeans but considering a couple of pair of his pants. I own a about 4 or 5 of his shirts. Simple designs? Yes. That's all I wanted. The quality is very nice for the money. Flip the shirt inside out to see. And yeah, American made from whatever materials. If that is the best domestic manufacturing can offer at this time I'll take it. Good fit and a good product. What else does anyone need?

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for you. Basically, you just described the Honda Civic of garments. Certainly serviceable, and I'm not going to knock it; but to say that anything beyond that is worthless is ignorant.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
ran train last night on some club skanks with my bros. didn't even take my *** denimz off.

If they aren't 21 ounce jeans, doesn't even count. Reminds me to get my Ironhearts repaired at the crotch.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'm 5'11" and just north of 170 lbs (disclaimer - at least 10 of that is pure fat.) ****, I'm turning into jet. Also fought professionally *and* knocked up my wife more than once. Boom! What's the prize?

Edit - just in case I didn't put in enough to win - I roll (Brazilian jiujitsu) with true heavyweights on a regular basis, and I've knocked out 250 pounders. Also, I once won a kegstand competition while I was a undergrad (that was over 15 years ago, but whatever.)

hmmm that's pretty good, BrianSD hasn't put his in yet though...

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on, people. No one under 6 feet is a real man.

steve2318

Reaction score
I just want to comment on a great personal experience that I had with this company, even though I never received any of their products.

I placed an order for two dress shirts several months ago. I received an email from Todd stating that they were out of stock but he would send me a free long sleeve t-shirt in any color, so I could get used to the sizing of their products for future orders. I declined the offer and instead asked if he could just fill my order with two different shirts. It ended up that he did not have my size in either of those shirts at that time either. Needless to say, he sent me another email offering me a free dress shirt of my choice in a style that was available in my size.

I never got around to emailing him back on the shirt that I wanted since I got busy with the beginning of the school year and I decided to just leave it at that.

Surprisingly, I received another email from him today, again asking if I would take the free dress shirt since I never responded.

I thought it was a tremendous gesture since it had literally been over a month since we last communicated regarding the free shirt. For him to even remember that he had made that promise a month later, and then to continually follow through until he received a response from me was very impressive. (I mean really, how many businesses today, would contact a customer several times to find out if they would take a free product offering since they were out of stock in my size in the actual product I wanted)

Anyway, I know this thread is about the denim, but I thought this was a decent story and wanted to share a positive experience from someone that never even received a product from them.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would ask for fit pics, but you know...
confused.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by butterflystyle
No, I don't care. I would rather have something made in the US of what I can only speculate is Chinese selvedge denim, than made in China of US selvedge denim. Are there any US mills anymore anyway?
This mentality is completely baffling to me. You'd pay a premium to have a product made of inferior materials just so that you could have peace of mind that it was assembled in the US? I mean, that happens in the auto industry all the time but typically the cost reflects the savings; no one's paying Lexus RX 350 prices for a Kia Sorento.
... which leads me to believe the entire garment is made domestically. Actually, federal commerce rules prohibit a company from stamping 'Made in the USA' on an item if any critical portion of the finished product is not domestically manufactured. I would argue that jeans could not be marked 'Made in the USA' if they were made of 'Chinese selvage' denim.
This is either a half-truth or a poorly-stated point. PLENTY of products have "Made in the USA" stamped on them even though most or all of the materials are foreign; however, they clearly note it. Just off the top of my head, RRL advertises their jeans as "Made in the USA of Japanese Denim" while Levi's x Billy Reid proclaims, "Made in USA, Of Imported Fabrics." Federal rules or not, I can also think of a few companies that market only as being "Made in USA."
And stylistic reasons aside, if given the choice of purchasing an item manufactured in the USA vs China, Mexico, Turkey, etc., I'll pick USA. Why would an American citizen not help keep fellow Americans employed? I sell to a lot of manufacturers of goods, and have seen a lot of the domestic manufacturers pack up and leave in search of cheaper labor. Generally further cost reductions from utilizing shoddy raw materials and methods go along with that. So to the guy that asked "why would you care" where the garments are made, that's why. I like my country, I like supporting its workers, and I dislike paying good money for ****** products made with slave labor. I'm not totally against imported goods, but generally buy from developed countries whenever possible.
No offense but this is complete baseless nonsense. It's just one fallacy after another. "Why would an American citizen not help keep fellow Americans employed?" Are you suggesting that all workers in America areare American? Have you visited a garment factory in the US before? I'll just use one example of the many dozens: American Apparel. Take a look at how many of their sewers are American or let alone have green cards. Depending on what you read or believe, their work force is 1/3 undocumented and that's actually a fairly low percentage compared to other factories. That's why your remark, "I dislike paying good money for ****** products made with slave labor," just really, really brings the lulz. It's also true that legitimate companies can have a hard time competing with overseas labor but there's another gray area with that argument. There are sections of industries that the US dropped all together years ago so that people along the chain, from the consumer to the manufacture, have no choice but to outsource overseas. So what, do people just stop what they're doing because if they don't they're not supporting America? That argument might sound a bit odd to the customer in Miami that bought his jacket from a designer in based Los Angeles in a store in New York. Last time I checked, people aren't paying for things in the States with yuans, dongs, or takas.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whodini thats cool and all but we all need to know where you fall on the manscale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads