• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today's Man stores

Avers

Reaction score
Do any of you remember Today's Man stores?

They went out of business few years ago, too much debt killed the company.

I used to go to TM all the time, I was big fan of their dress shirts and ties.

William

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to tell my friends who shopped at Today's Man..."Yesterday's styles for Today's Man" That place was horrible.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, every once in a while I would fine some gems.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when they had suits for $125

rgpuppy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Avers
Do any of you remember Today's Man stores?

They went out of business few years ago, too much debt killed the company.

I used to go to TM all the time, I was big fan of their dress shirts and ties.

William

Of course I remember....think they only went bust in USA still see them in Europe.. The odd thing is last September in paris i find this really retro looking todys man store...everything (product and decor) is Orange, Yellow, Brown etc....think 1970/80 Houston Astros uniform.

I asked the manager about it and was told it was the new proto concept etc etc....in April when i was back the store was being converted to a new Danial Couremiux (spelling) store.

Guess the Paris consumers thought it was as ugly as I did.

Avers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Surely, as you read the forums the horror of that unlamented fashion store will be replaced by a personal style.
When I was just starting out in business I gound TM clothes fitting the purpose on the budget. Of course they were not high end store, but for the price they charged you could not go wrong. Their dress shirts were decent and only cost $30-40, even less when on sale. One thing i like was the fact that sleeve lenght of their shirts came in single number (ie 35, 36, not 34/35). I am a tall guy and I always had problems finding RTW shirts in my size, as most of shirts sold at the stores will not fit me in 34/35. I still have couple of their shirts and few ties - they look decent 10 yrs later. William

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I remember when they had suits for $125

My God! $125 Suits, I don't imagine they had much hand work. Probably, even the buttons were fused!
smile.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Say what you want about Today's Man, but for low-end suits they beat the hell out of Men's Wearhouse; also as previously noted they actually had some very attractive accessories (I still have a few ties from there as well), which is more than I can say for Men's Wearhouse. Isn't it sad that George Zimmer has been able to expand all over the country while Today's Man went out of business? What could possibly have led to this end, perhaps the sophisticated commercials?
tounge.gif

Shoe-nut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i dont remember Today's Man, but anyone remember the store, "GHQ" ?

As long as we are talking about has beens. Why not mention the clothing line of Marithe Girbaud. Now I haven't seen them any store for years but about 6 months ago I walked into a local retailer who finds all kinds of closeouts and defunt brands of clothes.

There hanging on the racks were a number of these Girbaud Pants in a style that hasn't been seen for nearly 20 years. Since that style rather appeals to me I bought all he had in my size for around $10 each.

stach

Reaction score
You are probably on the cusp of a revival.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoe-nut
As long as we are talking about has beens. Why not mention the clothing line of Marithe Girbaud. Now I haven't seen them any store for years but about 6 months ago I walked into a local retailer who finds all kinds of closeouts and defunt brands of clothes. There hanging on the racks were a number of these Girbaud Pants in a style that hasn't been seen for nearly 20 years. Since that style rather appeals to me I bought all he had in my size for around $10 each.
I have also seen closeout Thierry Mugler clothing, which is actually quite desirable considering he was a very expensive designer at his height. Unfortunately nothing was in my size. I think Marithe F.Girbaud was popular at the same time as Jean Charles de Castelbajac, Romeo Gigli and Claude Montana.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads