• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today was the gay pride

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been to it?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Yup. We all do. It's part of being an American, right under having smaller penises than the French, which is right under baseball.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ June 25 2005,21:39) Have you ever been to it?
Isn't there a similar event in France?
Yes, that's why i ask

BjornH

Reaction score
Gay pride is fun, at least at home. We have often gone and watched the floats along with friends and many straight people, often well known, join the parade to show support. To compare it to a nazi rally is not really appropriate. The nazis will beat you, but these will entertain you
smile.gif
B

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I ran into it on accident last year up on Capitol Hill, Seattle's "gay area". After that, I learned my lesson and completely avoided the Hill today and I will again tomorrow. Let's just say that it seems some participants consider it a day to let it all hang out (
crazy.gif
), and it's really obnoxious. I have no problem with them being gay or being proud, but their being naked is where I must draw the line. Plus the parade makes a huge mess of the place and makes traffic in the area a living hell.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I live in a village where their is a huge gay population (as a percentage) and has a gay mayor. we went last year and this year, they have a little fair, with various information booths and a little carnival, and the best bouncy castles around. my wife and I have a bunch of gay friends and aquantances, and I am strongly in favor of gay marridge, so we figure it is a good way to show support, as well as teach my son about tolerance. but there is very little nudity or anything - the gays here are mostly middle aged, middle class.

this year there was a small demonstration of fundamentalists christians standing across from the gay pride fair demonstration how they were going to hell. I was pretty upset as they obviously had come from outside of our town to demonstrate, and they had picked this day to do it. my son asked me who they were and why they had "flags" and I told him that they were people who didn't like the way some people lived, and fetl so strongly about it that they wanted to tell the world that they didn't like these people. I said that they thought that "H's (a friend of my son) moms were bad people because of the way that they lived" and he said "they aren't bad, they always have been good to me". I think it was an opportunity for a good lesson.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To compare it to a nazi rally is not really appropriate. The nazis will beat you, but these will entertain you
smile.gif
B
I actually wasnt comparing anything to the Neo-Nazi rally. I was just commenting that there were other things that were happening as well.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran into it on accident last year up on Capitol Hill, Seattle's "gay area". After that, I learned my lesson and completely avoided the Hill today and I will again tomorrow. Let's just say that it seems some participants consider it a day to let it all hang out (
crazy.gif
), and it's really obnoxious. I have no problem with them being gay or being proud, but their being naked is where I must draw the line. Plus the parade makes a huge mess of the place and makes traffic in the area a living hell.
Would you be shocked by Female nudity?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave it a pass this year, but in past years have often attended and sometimes marched.

Four years ago, on gay pride day, my nephew was born (the little scene-stealer.) so today I went to his b-day party in NJ instead of catching the parade.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(j @ June 26 2005,10:10) I ran into it on accident last year up on Capitol Hill, Seattle's "gay area". After that, I learned my lesson and completely avoided the Hill today and I will again tomorrow. Let's just say that it seems some participants consider it a day to let it all hang out (
crazy.gif
Would you be shocked by Female nudity?
Depending on the female, I would either be shocked or awed. Unfortunately, the types of females that tend to show nudity in public seem to belong mostly to the former category.

BjornH

Reaction score
Yes, and I have to add that the Gay paraders are doing them disservice when they go over the top. That will alienate us 'normal' people.

Perhaps we should have a SF parade, and wear EGs and pocket squares under the banner of StyleForum?

B

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Perhaps we should have a SF parade, and wear EGs and pocket squares under the banner of StyleForum?
can i wear a black suit or does it depend on whether i have to go back to the office afterwards?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is black suit an appropriate write-off as business expense?

That's my question.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads