• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today I start my diet

TowleY

Reaction score
Just ran 3 miles. **** now I know why i stopped doing this lol.

OCross

Reaction score
Congrats. Eventually it'll be easier and easier.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too!

indy116

Reaction score
Been doing mine for about a month. Three miles is still a ways away for me. Slowly but surely, I'll get there.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Work hard and get your belly into that $800 hoodie!

TowleY

Reaction score
Yea, so far today i ran 3 miles, ate a pbj, and 2 clemintines woo woo! pre new years resolution. Get in shape. Also starting to take jiu jitsu
smile.gif
cant wait.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Work hard and get your belly into that $800 hoodie!

lol yea. eventaully. in due time gimme 7 years when i graduate dental school making 300k a year. Then ill be able to fit into anything i want! haha.

Only reason I was ablee to do 3 miles is because I used to play soccer. And when I used to run I used to do 2.5 to 3 miles in a session, 2 sessions a day. I refuse to do any less. Doing Hookah didnt help. I even quit that until my trip to florida. Then no more until June when it gets nice out.

SVS

Reaction score
Good luck! You have to do it every day to make progress but it get easier and easier.

zeni

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TowleY
lol yea. eventaully. in due time gimme 7 years when i graduate dental school making 300k a year. Then ill be able to fit into anything i want! haha. Only reason I was ablee to do 3 miles is because I used to play soccer. And when I used to run I used to do 2.5 to 3 miles in a session, 2 sessions a day. I refuse to do any less. Doing Hookah didnt help. I even quit that until my trip to florida. Then no more until June when it gets nice out.
Haha my friends and I used to hit the hookah bar every now and then. Always felt it when I went for a run the following day. Good luck

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Good luck. I was losing weight at a pretty steady rate of 4 pounds every week or two. That's slowed since I left the school for break, but it's still dropping. At 4 pounds a week, in three or four years I could be in shape again.
rimshot.gif
What's your actual diet you're starting?

nbutter

Reaction score
go for it!!

i've been exercising every day and eating well for a week... have lost 2 pounds... it gets easier day by day!!!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbutter
it gets easier day by day!!!

There's a lot of truth to this. Working out and whatnot doesn't really get easier for me, b/c once I start to get used to it, I switch things up. But the routine of working out gets a lot easier. I remember the first three weeks, every other day waking up at 6:30 and thinking "Oh, God I don't want to run today. It's too hot/cold/rainy/snowy, I should stay in bed" but now it's just a part of the routine that I don't even have to think about.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TowleY
Just ran 3 miles. **** now I know why i stopped doing this lol.

You're doing yourself a huge favor. Don't stop, never quit. You won't believe how you feel in a month.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
You're doing yourself a huge favor. Don't stop, never quit. You won't believe how you feel in a month.
Geeze man. Imagine how much better a person I'd be if I had some dickwad giving me this kind of encouragement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads