• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today I start my diet

bob99

Reaction score
TowleY, it's great that you're exercising! If you're interested in a site that has a lot of positive fitness discussion / advice, you should check out www.johnstonefitness.com - I visit often, and it's a great resource.

Good luck with your weight loss, soon you'll fit into all the great clothes you're going to buy!

Bob

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Geeze man. Imagine how much better a person I'd be if I had some dickwad giving me this kind of encouragement.

You don't deserve compassion. If I gave you some, you'd probably just fry it in melted ice cream and eat it.

Water and celery for you, *****.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
You're doing yourself a huge favor. Don't stop, never quit. You won't believe how you feel in a month.

So ******* true.

Keeping even a basic training diary really helps as well - it's hard to miss a day when you look back and say to yourself "I've come this far, why give up now"

Oh, and most important, you have to have fun when you work out.

nbutter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Keeping even a basic training diary really helps as well

i'm using a site called gyminee which has both a workout log and a nutrition log, plus a nice graph for weight over time. not perfect but definitely useful and _definitely_ motivating.

atomicranch

Reaction score
Good luck! I lost 35 lbs about a year ago and have now decided to go after another 10. If you are serious, tracking your calorie intake is a must, at least for a couple of months until you get a better sense of what you can eat and lose weight.

OCross

Reaction score
Yeah, if you track what you eat/drink for a week, you will be extremely surprised by how much crap you eat that is working against you.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Daily Plate is pretty cool, helps you with weight loss goals, even breaks down your diet into macros (carb/fat/protein) I've gone from 210-170 since June, doing the Abs diet through Mens Health. Seems to work for quite a few people. Just have to be strict about it.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Good luck. I was losing weight at a pretty steady rate of 4 pounds every week or two. That's slowed since I left the school for break, but it's still dropping. At 4 pounds a week, in three or four years I could be in shape again.
rimshot.gif

What's your actual diet you're starting?

Thanks guys for alot of the positive feedback. Thats one reason why I love this forum and I came back. About 2 years ago I had came here to lose weight. Got so much positive feedback and went from about 210 to 170. Unfortunately about a year after I had done this I stopped played soccer, basketball, and swimming all at once. Started partying more as it was my senior year in high school. Next hing I knew 3 months went by gained about 30 lbs, then another 10-15 :|.

So I decided, what is the best way to get back into the groove. Best way to start was going to styleforum. They had alot of feedback the first time, and all of it alays helped. And alot of encouragement. As you can tell its still got the encouragement.
Just finished running my 3 miles again, I feel alot better than after the first one hah.

As for the diet plan. Last time my plan was pretty much to watch what I eat, and to run. Going to see if that works for me again. Instead of doing 2 2.5 mile sessions just going for 1 3 mile session right now might bump it up to two, not sure yet. Not going to eat those ***** foods, water instead of the soda I have been drinking. Monster once and a while.

Again, thank you everyon for your feedback. Its always helpful and great to see people care about others and its the best type of motivation you can get. Will check out every link that was posted.
Lol sfield As of two days ago I would not anymore though
smile.gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm starting today -- currently at 220 and looking to drop to 200, maybe 195. I'll see how I feel when I get to 200.

I will jog (more like plod) 40+ minutes at least 4 times a week, and try to walk around the office more every day.

On the intake end, major carb-restriction -- getting my insulin down seems critical to weight loss for me
goodbye wine until Easter
frown.gif

Alcohol once a week -- unmixed spirits only (likely Scotch or Irish)

I'll "weigh-in" once a week with progress -- hope to be finished by late April

If you want me to buzz-off your thread, let me know and I'll start my own
blush.gif

(trying the gyminee thing -- thanks for the suggestion)

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I'm starting today -- currently at 220 and looking to drop to 200, maybe 195. I'll see how I feel when I get to 200.

I will jog (more like plod) 40+ minutes at least 4 times a week, and try to walk around the office more every day.

On the intake end, major carb-restriction -- getting my insulin down seems critical to weight loss for me
goodbye wine until Easter
frown.gif

Alcohol once a week -- unmixed spirits only (likely Scotch or Irish)

I'll "weigh-in" once a week with progress -- hope to be finished by late April

If you want me to buzz-off your thread, let me know and I'll start my own
blush.gif

(trying the gyminee thing -- thanks for the suggestion)

haha people are always welcome to use mine as a journal. Good luck sir. Why cut out the wine and alcohol. Maybeonly have 1 glass of red wine a day and beer has been known to actually make you lose weight. The reason behind this is if you drink just a beer, you tend to pee more, however people gain weight because people often eat alot with it. So you can have it just dont eat massive food with it. Cutting out the carbs is good, like I said though you are more than welcome to post here
smile.gif

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stimulants help... lots and lots of them!

Anyone see the "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" episode where they decide to get back into shape? Classic.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OCross
Yeah, if you track what you eat/drink for a week, you will be extremely surprised by how much crap you eat that is working against you.

+1

Excercise is great, but the dinner table is the place to lose weight. Run the numbers on the calories, a 3 mile run might burn 300-400 calories. If you are eating worng you can eat that many calories in a few bites.

Good eating for and foremost, the add excercise

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i will be embarking on 9 weeks of no more than 20 net carbs per day, all from vegetables. knowing this, this is what i ate today:

6 egg omelette with pancakes, sausage and bacon

4 slices of pizza and a chicken roll

pb & j panini with hot chocolate

3 protein shakes

2 chicken quesedillas

1 liter of pepsi

1 bag of peperidge farm goldfish

hopefully, i got my carb fix

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i will be embarking on 9 weeks of no more than 20 net carbs per day, all from vegetables. knowing this, this is what i ate today: 6 egg omelette with pancakes, sausage and bacon 4 slices of pizza and a chicken roll pb & j panini with hot chocolate 3 protein shakes 2 chicken quesedillas 1 liter of pepsi 1 bag of peperidge farm goldfish hopefully, i got my carb fix
Carb cycling is much more effective than just a low carb diet. Essentially, most low carb diets are crap, with some exceptions. By eliminating carbs all you're doing is drastically limiting the type of foods you can eat, hence, you eat fewer calories, you lose weight. Google UD 2.0. It's a very effective method of carb cycling, and it will give you days you can gorge on carbs.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks. will cheggit. this is mostly a gut-check (figuratively and literally), see how disciplined i can be. i've tried cycling but i'm a bit too transient of mind. need a cut and dry program.

any link to the full plan? i only see discussions on google

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads