to stack or not to stack

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pg600rr, Jan 16, 2009.

1. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

It probably depends on your style.

If you're trying for the steezy hipster vibe, stack away. (See most of Robbie's fits, not that I'm calling him a hipster in any way.)

If you're going for more of a clean cut skin/punk look, or even old man-ish, cuff or hem the lenght. (Think GetSmart, Black Cherry, or PinkPantser.)

2. Using Technology

Using Technology Senior member

stacking is a must for skinny jeans.

Personally skinny jeans don't really work on me, so i don't stack. Also I'm about 6'1" and after the jeans shrink a bit in the wash even your raw selvage jeans never give me much stacking room, sadly.

3. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Stacking on skinny jeans, always. No stacking looks gay as fuck with tight jeans, and a clean break on regular jeans makes you look like you're wearing highwaters when you sit down. I avoid dealing with the connundrum of wide hems by only buying skinny jeans.

stacking is a must for skinny jeans.

Personally skinny jeans don't really work on me, so i don't stack. Also I'm about 6'1" and after the jeans shrink a bit in the wash even your raw selvage jeans never give me much stacking room, sadly.

I agree on the 'skinny' jeans being stacked as in Dior 19cm, but my skinniest denim is APC NS which in the sz.32 that I have has around a 7.8" hem, the NDG classic fit has around an 8" hem... to regular people these are considered 'skinny' but to those that wear them there not. So I will prob. leave my Acne's, APC NS's and NDG alone, have some KMW 1980 on the way in 32 length for a change and I think I will prob. hem my APC Rescues because they have bar far the longest inseam at 36". Besides I hate cuffing and cant stand the look so that cuts out one option right there.

^BTW I am 6'1" as well.

4. Using Technology

my main problem wtih skinny jeans is my knees. I don't think they are freakisly large, but any raw denim that is tight totally balloons out on my knee and upper thigh and the bulget just looks really weird atop a skinny calf.

5. onion

onion Senior member

I agree on the 'skinny' jeans being stacked as in Dior 19cm, but my skinniest denim is APC NS which in the sz.32 that I have has around a 7.8" hem, the NDG classic fit has around an 8" hem... to regular people these are considered 'skinny' but to those that wear them there not. So I will prob. leave my Acne's, APC NS's and NDG alone, have some KMW 1980 on the way in 32 length for a change and I think I will prob. hem my APC Rescues because they have bar far the longest inseam at 36". Besides I hate cuffing and cant stand the look so that cuts out one option right there. ^BTW I am 6'1" as well.
    That's your best bet. You can get APC Rescues hemmed anywhere, since they are not chain stitched. I'd leave the KMW and Acne long. Anything with a hem measurement of around 7.5 or below I think looks retarded hemmed.

6. hamish5178

hamish5178 Senior member

I like somewhere between a good break and stacking, I think it depends on how you look, excessive stacking and cuffs both look stupid on me.

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

my main problem wtih skinny jeans is my knees. I don't think they are freakisly large, but any raw denim that is tight totally balloons out on my knee and upper thigh and the bulget just looks really weird atop a skinny calf.

Embrace the knee bags! [​IMG]

8. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

It probably depends on your style.

If you're trying for the steezy hipster vibe, stack away. (See most of Robbie's fits, not that I'm calling him a hipster in any way.)

If you're going for more of a clean cut skin/punk look, or even old man-ish, cuff or hem the lenght. (Think GetSmart, Black Cherry, or PinkPantser.)

I agree. I have both stacking jeans and clean cut jeans in my closet. It depends on the look you are going for.

9. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

it depends on the look i agree too. although i think skinny jeans with no breaks, stacks, or knee bulges look bad. most people will assume your wearing womens jeans although they might assume this already regardless.

this is what happens when where you live bootcut is still the big thing.

10. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

+ alot

11. Using Technology

Embrace the knee bags! [​IMG]

well, even without skinny jeans I still get some nice ones...

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

stacking looks stupid. hem a pair of jeans you don't like or buy something cheap in a smaller length and see if you like it.

hemming looks stupid. stack a pair of jeans. buy something in longer length and see if you like it.

13. Using Technology

although another thing I should say is I think all jeans should have at least SOME stacking. hemming them to look like dress pants always looks bad.

14. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Many stacks looks most always looks best with people that are lanky and tall, in slim denim. Those that are short, and epecially with some waist girth most always aren't flattered by it.

15. zubin

zubin Senior member

(See most of Robbie's fits, not that I'm calling him a hipster in any way.)
    and, hopefully, not steezy either also, i think stacking mainly depends on your shoes....stacking on vans, etc. looks pretty weak You need a slimmer fitting shoe that isnt too wide (common projects, dior, margiela are the answer)