• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

To Moderators

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rand B, your netiquette still needs work. Don't publicly second-guess mods in your first post, especially if your first first post has already been deleted.

EDIT: Also, there are threads in the General forum for introducing yourself, or making queries about moderator actions. This isn't really the place.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, do deleted posts really get reflected in your post count? That is, if you post 2, and one gets gone, won't your post count number still be 2?

Which is to say, maybe your first post was not deleted. Maybe it just got lost in the ether.

The mods here really don't delete posts that often. In fact, hardly ever. I say really obnoxious shit all the time, and it never happens to me.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rand B
my previous post has unceremoniously vanished.
Au contraire, the deletion of your post was accompanied by the requisite amount of pomp and circumstance; quite a show actually.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmentmerchant
damn what did he post?

Something about lying to get some fellow passenger on an airplane arrested and interrogated... wait, no, that was you. My apologies.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you for your note, Rand B. But you overestimate my power.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just trying to be helpful.

There's been a lot of first-post spamming around here recently, so if your post was commercial in nature, and in the wrong forum, the mods no doubt jumped to the conclusion that you were just trying to sell us Apple Bottom jeans and spaminated it without a second thought. That's just me speculatin on a hypothesis.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Understandable. But I hope you understand, in turn, the reasons for the policy.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Also, do deleted posts really get reflected in your post count? That is, if you post 2, and one gets gone, won't your post count number still be 2?
I think they do. We can test it if you like...

+1 yourself a few times including your post count, then I'll delete them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rand B
It is appreciated. It was indeed commercial in nature, as I felt this group would better appreciate the item in question (Incotex slacks, to be specific). However, I find the 45 day hold unacceptable for my purposes, and have decided to market them to the eBay crowd instead.

1) All members are subject to a 45 day waiting period before posting an ad in the buying and selling subfora. This rule was enacted specifically as a) an anti-spam mechanism; and b) to ensure that new members come to understand and respect the conventions of the forum before posting commercial threads.

2) If you wish to be exempt from the rules of the forum, and have some valid reason why you ought to be, you should contact a moderator privately with a special request.

3) It is not always better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Finally, don't come back onto the board whining that your obviously commercial post was deleted because you can't be like everyone else and wait 45 days before posting on our buying and selling subforum, for which we don't charge members a red cent. If you wish to sell on Ebay, be my guest.

Yours,

Fok.

P.S. Yes, there is a way to get around the 45 day rule, and also to get to post commercial threads on the main forum. It is called becoming a forum affiliate. If you wish to apply for a position, you can enquire at [email protected]

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 141 28.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%