• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To Canadian Forumites - Any new spending plans this Fall?

davidmross

Reaction score
I just connected with the Allen Edmonds factory store this afternoon for the first time. Having purchased three pairs of AEs from Harry Rosen over the last 5 or 6 years I know how they fit and how they wear.

I purchased a pair of Evanston seconds (discontinued I believe) in walnut for $119. Given that the new stuff retails in Winnipeg for $375 to $450 depending on make and model I think I got a great deal. Heck, even if the blemish is fairly noticeable it won't be any worse looking than what I'd do to them with six months wear. I'm just too damn hard on them.

I just picked up two suits this past January: one Canali on deep discount and a MTM at the standard Janaury sale price. Also grabbed a tweed sport coat with patch pockets which works when I want a more casual work environment or with jeans in the evening. So.....I don't think I'll be making any other purchases for a little while.

Any clothing I do need will be summery, casual, weekend duds. Though I could use a couple of really casual, unlined sport coats for summer weather. Maybe linen or cotton.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
This is another important chart.

+1

If that trend continues my boots from Cliff will be a little cheaper.
smile.gif

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trader
****. I get paid in USD. I want things to go the other way.... I lost so much in pay last year and this. Gah. Worthless USD
I often get paid in USD, yet at the same time almost all my shopping is done online from stores in the states. this goes for clothing, as well as supplies for my business, so I guess I win/lose either way
laugh.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rich_202
Any recommendations for sportcoat shopping in Toronto other than Harry Rosen or Holt? I'll be looking for some decent RTW items.

Via Cavour always has amazing Pal Zileri sportcoats.

bjan

Reaction score
I'd prefer to buy Turkey and rename it Chicken.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjc
With their deficits and exchange rates, we should be able to purchase the UK soon, and rename it "East Newfoundland" or "Airstrip One". I haven't decided which.

- Mike

I have no interest in that liability.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dollar .983 today (highest in two years)

spcl-k

Reaction score
Going to Boston, in April. Considering where our dollar's at, I might be picking up a few sports coats or even a suit. Wondering if anyone knew places I should definitely check out?

Doxe

Reaction score
Stagioni on Toronto Street (just east of Tonge off of King) usually has a decent selection of sport coats you can't find elsewhere in Toronto - Corneliani, Pal Zileri, etc. Usually at a decent price, too.

V Hazelton in Yorkville has Attolini, Borelli, and Kiton of you're more of a big-timer.

davidmross

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Dollar .983 today (highest in two years)

My Allen Edmonds purchase came through on teh credit card at 1.05 exchange rate. Love it.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dollar hit par today.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Dollar hit par today.

Humm....Edward Green from Sky Valet are looking good right about now!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads