• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To Boot NY Question

Jmca1

Reaction score
How do these shoes rate compared to Allen Edmonds? Cole Haan? C&J? Ive seen these at all the outlets and they look okay, i'm just curious if its worth looking a little closer? What is a fair price if I do see them and like them?

Thanks for the help

James

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They seem to me to run the gamut in terms of quality, depending on style. I have a pair made for them by Peluso that are quite nice, but then I've seen others that were abysmal crap.

So, I'd say that it just depends on the model... I'd definitely check them out in person as opposed to buying online.

spence

Reaction score
I returned some to STP as they fit was wierd and the quality nothing special. I've looked at some at Off 5th's that looked like decent casual shoes, but I can't see paying more than $125 bucks for a pair. No comparrison to A&E, CJ etc...

Perhaps better than Cole Haan, but that brand is pretty cheap now!

-spence

Jmca1

Reaction score
This is what I thought for the most part. Most of them looked comparable to Cole Haan in terms of quality on a good day. I've seen them mentioned on here so i figured i'd ask.... Thanks!

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I also have a Peluso pair. I love the fit and the shape but hate the color, very light. I might put them in B&S for someone that wants to turn them into an antique experiment. I'd hate to let them sit in my closet forever because they are very nice shoes but I know I will never get around to wearing them or doing anything with them.

Jmca1

Reaction score
How can you tell a pair made by Peluso? Are there specific qualities?

KaiserSose

Reaction score
I just went to the To Boot sale in NY and was sorely disappointed. The shoes felt and looked very cheap for the "sale price." There was no way I was going to pay $150 for what they were offering and I can't fathom people ever considering paying more than that when they are normally priced.

BABuckeye

Reaction score
TBNY shoes are high on style and low on quality. They border on trendy. Also, they run narrow.

navysuede

Reaction score
The Cole Haan Collection and Bragano line by Cole Haan are comparable to TBNY by Peluso
or Fratelli Peluso Spa. However some of the ToBoot line favors a more Kenneth Cole type
style/construction..Cheaper uppers and linings if lined at all.Get a good look and ask questions.
AE is always nice but can be heavier in look and feel and they have no shanks..never.CJ is
a great all around shoe normally,they always have clean lines are constructed good and can
easily be resoled when needed.Hint"" the higher priced TBNY are usually the Peluso's.
wink.gif

Good luck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads