1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

To Boot New York 'Welker' for Harry Rosen

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by ColinYB, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ColinYB

ColinYB Member

To Boot New York 'Welker' for Harry Rosen

When it comes to dress shoes, I now only wear Allen Edmonds (apart from my first couple pairs from ...Aldo :S ). In searching for my first Chelsea's, I strayed and might have paid for it.. !

While the shoe (TBNY) is good looking, I see now, after the fact that I paid far too much i.e. according to styleforum wisdom.

My inclination is to just return it and look for another pair. Can someone who perhaps knows this model (Welker) convince me otherwise?

Harry Rosen link: https://www.harryrosen.com/en/footw...-york/welker-leather-chelsea-boots/p/20030597

My other question is,
    I'm looking to buy my first pair of Chelsea's in the 400-500 USD range (550-650 CAD) - can anyone point me to a starting thread here on styleforum or somewhere else where I can learn a bit more?

With much thanks, in advance

Colin

PS: This is my first post so I'm still learning the ropes here

2. notdos

notdos Senior Member

I’d suggest looking at these brands...You can search for them here on the forum.

JFitzpatrick
    Carmina
    Carlos Santos
    Lof & Tung
    Crockett and Jones
    Meermin

3. ColinYB

ColinYB Member

I know of only 3 from that list. Much to learn, Thanks!