• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tmobile/Google Android G1 Phone

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I just pre-ordered one.....in brown!! Must be a SF thing...no black suit/shoes...and now phone!

Regards.
PS. Wonder if Ron can antique finish the brown to a more rustik...

totally epic

Reaction score
Data plan is capped though
frown.gif
http://www.electronista.com/articles...1.limitations/

Kevin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
Well, I just pre-ordered one.....in brown!! Must be a SF thing...no black suit/shoes...and now phone!

Regards.
PS. Wonder if Ron can antique finish the brown to a more rustik...

Brown is for farmer.

Opinion seems fairly mixed so far. T-Mobile got rid of the data cap due to public outcry.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
I'm considering it, provided my cell bill goes up by no more than 50%.

At least, it would be different than the iphone. No 3.5 jack peeves me, though.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I'm considering it, provided my cell bill goes up by no more than 50%.
At least, it would be different than the iphone. No 3.5 jack peeves me, though.

I bought it also cos its different from the iphone. My plan stayed the same...just added $25/month for data of this phone.

Regards.

emptym

Reaction score
Interesting. I've been w/ tmobile for 6 yrs and need a new phone (it's 4 yrs old and gets terrible service in my new apt and my office). Not sure I'd want a qwerty keyboard, but I'm not a big fan of the iphone's touch keypad either. Seems fairly expensive too. I'll take a look at them at least.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Interesting. I've been w/ tmobile for 6 yrs and need a new phone (it's 4 yrs old and gets terrible service in my new apt and my office). Not sure I'd want a qwerty keyboard, but I'm not a big fan of the iphone's touch keypad either. Seems fairly expensive too. I'll take a look at them at least.

if you use gmail, i heard it integrates really well. it should.

savage

Reaction score
i think iPhone is still sexxxier. I'll be waiting to see what other phones they load Android onto..

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
total miss with the HTC hardware. I haven't liked the designs of any HTC phones: they're heavy, clunky and the keyboards are terrible to use.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
total miss with the HTC hardware. I haven't liked the designs of any HTC phones: they're heavy, clunky and the keyboards are terrible to use.

I enjoy my HTC mogul. It is a bit clunky though, admittedly so but its great for business use.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the HTC touch, its one sleek phone!

Regards.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym

If you don't mind the 2 year contract, then I think the $179 G1 contract price is reasonable.I hate being tied to contracts though I'm a long standing T-mobile user. So I've got some deciding to do. I now have a T-mobile Dash which I bought from T-mobile as a new phone and I'm out of contract. So keeping the Dash is an option. It's painfully slow when web browsing with the Edge network though.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just still DON'T UNDERSTAND why a "game changer" type of company doesn't introduce a highly anticipated phone to no contract+no carrier. Just fully unlocked. Charge whatever it costs, $400, $500, whatever. This would truly change the industry.

People paid $800 for unlocked iphones.

I would guess this HTC would cost $300-$450 without contract kickbacks.

Also, I thought Google had some plan where it could offer a nearly free phone but with ads on the screen. What happened to that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads