• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TM Lewin shirts?

FCS

Reaction score
Short question, do their dress shirts have pearl buttons and constructed by single-needle stitching?

BjornH

Reaction score
I was correct. Double row of stitches and plastic buttons. Non-fused collar and cuffs though, if you like them.

Apart from that, they are good value for money. A bit baggy but the collars and fabrics are nice. I especially like their full spread collar.

B

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have shirts from the Lewin 100, Royal and Luxury ranges - all are double-needle, plastic buttoned and do not match patterns at the shoulder or gauntlet. They're ok shirts and as Bjorn says have a nice spread collar (they call this the windsor I believe). I purchased these before I knew or cared about such things as MOP buttons or pattern matching. I happen to like their woven ties - every bit as well made and luxurious/thick as my ties by Charles Hill.

They are relentless in sending catalogues, though, despite the fact that I haven't ordered from them in over a year...

FCS

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen, good thing I am pretty lazy in my shopping. Double stitching I still can tolerate, but plastic button? Euh...

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
...every bit as well made and luxurious/thick as my ties by Charles Hill.
Aha--another admirer of Charles Hill ties. Not a name that gets mentioned very often.

Pardon the interruption.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aha--another admirer of Charles Hill ties. Not a name that gets mentioned very often.

And to our advantage too, I would add. I always find them on the sale table at Holt Renfrew since no one knows what the heck they are.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
It is possible that the T.M. Lewin ties are made by Charles Hill. I suspect them of a fair amount of sub-contract work. I think they make the Ben Silver regimentals (the made in England ones), I suspect they make Ede & Ravenscroft ties and it's possible they make Turnbull & Asser.

Tom

Reaction score
Both of my Lewin shirts have MOP bottons. And I suppose I must not know what single needle stiching is.

-Tom

BjornH

Reaction score
I don't really worry much about the stiching as long as it is fine. But I'm interested in your shirts, Tom. Are they recent or old ? Are they from a specific line ? These are the first I've heard of with proper buttons.

B

p.s. I love getting their catalogs but after a year and a half, I have yet to buy anything from it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads