TM Lewin Shirts - Pleasantly Surprised

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mutant Hairs, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Mutant Hairs

Mutant Hairs Member

I've read about the good value of TM Lewin shirts, so I placed an order for 4 shirts for 100 GBP. Including shipping, my 4 shirts cost $100 U.S. I just received them, and I'm pleasantly surprised--especially since the shirts don't fit like tents.

Although I need to return them because the neck is a bit tight, I quite like the cut of the shirt given most RTW/OTR shirts are way too blousy for me. The shirt is cut closer than any other shirt I've purchased in the past, and the armholes are also quite high. This completely exceeded my expectations. The fabric also feels quite soft, but I'm no shirt expert.

Since I'll be going up to 15.5 for the neck, I hope the shirts won't be much wider than the 15.

Anyone have experience with this?

I made a mistake on the pricing. They were 4 for 100 GBP = US $185. Sorry for the confusion.

2. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

How did you get them for $100 US, the exchange rate isnt that favorable is it?? Ive bought lewin shirts before too, and am happy with them. For 4 for 100 usd, Id buy probably put in an order for 12.

3. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Is there a website for TM Lewin? Even if there's a minumum order (which I usually dread) that sounds like a fantastic deal.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought this was a bespoke shirtmaker. Hahaha.

4. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

I've been happy with my Lewin shirts (about a dozen) the 'Luxury' ones are especially nice. They're better than 'comparable brands' such as Pink and Tyrrwhitt though I feel these are also 'okay' even though many dislike them.

Disclaimer: I only ever buy these on sale [​IMG]

5. Matt

Matt [email protected]

yeah i grabbed 5 for 125 gbp while i was in London. Happy with them.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I've been happy with my Lewin shirts (about a dozen) the 'Luxury' ones are especially nice. They're better than 'comparable brands' such as Pink and Tyrrwhitt though I feel these are also 'okay' even though many dislike them.

I absolutely agree. I don't know if many dislike them here, but they are without any doubt a good notch above the other brands at comparable prices

7. Yudi

Yudi Member

Is there a minimum order requirement on this deal? I'm graduating in a few days and wouldn't mind picking up a nice new shirt and tie for the occasion, but being a poor student I can't afford to splash out 100 pounds on shirts. Especially since I'm planning on splashing that hundred pounds or so on a new pair of RRDS jeans. [​IMG]

On another note, do TM Lewin sell pocket squares as well? I wouldn't mind getting one of those at the same time. If they don't, does anyone know any good places to buy a relatively cheap pocket square in England? I've never bought one before and am quite unsure where to start.

8. Matt

Matt [email protected]

they have weird deals where shirts cost between 30 and 70 gbp (depending on which you want) but they sell anything in the store at 4 for 100 - so i guess you could say the minimum order is 4 to get the prices above.

when i was there they were running a world cup promotion with any shirt, one set of silk knots and any tie for 50 gbp.

9. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

I know the standard response is to start with simple white hand-rolled Irish linen pocket squares. Screw being standard though, check out www.mulberrywood.com.

Lewin doesn't have a minimum, but neither does Jantzen.

10. Yudi

Yudi Member

Hmm, guess I'll have to drop in there and see what they say then. That 50 pounds deal sounds pretty nice though, may have to check that out.

Thanks for the link as well. I'm going to go for a plain pocket square to start for sure, but I'm not entirely sure of the colour yet. I guess white is versatile in that you can wear it with pretty much everything, on the other hand like you say, being standard can be a bit of a bore.

11. Mutant Hairs

Mutant Hairs Member

Sory for the confusion about the pricing. The 4 shirts cost US $185 including shipping.

12. alexpham

alexpham Well-Known Member

Is the 4 shirts for 100 GBP promotion a limited time offer?

13. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

Is the 4 shirts for 100 GBP promotion a limited time offer?

Yes, limited from now to eternity. Further limited to only earth-dwellers... Lewin is always on sale.

14. alexpham

alexpham Well-Known Member

Yes, limited from now to eternity. Further limited to only earth-dwellers... Lewin is always on sale.

Ah! Good to know. [​IMG]