TM Lewin Isn't Cutting It Anymore..... Help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zeero3, Jan 18, 2013.

1. zeero3

zeero3 Senior member

Determined to build my wardrobe this year, I'm interested in purchasing maybe 15+ shirts. I have a few TM Lewins that I was happy with, but feel I've outgrown (sartorially, not physically). The fabric options are extremely limited and I'm not fond of the collars anymore; however, I've been on a budget and these ~$40 shirts were all I can afford.

I hear good things about MyTailor, but my budget is still too tight for them. Is there any other recommendations when it comes to well-fitted shirts at near $60 per?

2. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Luxire has been getting good reviews around here, and they have MTM at around $60/shirt for some fabrics.

As with all things MTM though, tread with caution, you can get some pretty terrible stuff (fit and styling due to having too much choice) if you're not careful. You'd probably want to start by having them copy your best fitting shirt and then tweak from there.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  3. zeero3

zeero3 Senior member

I was expecting to send them a shirt and tweak from there. Thanks for the suggestion. Obviously, I won't be able to afford luxurious fabrics, but at the very least I'd like a much wider selection of fabrics to choose from. Basically the best bang for the buck I can afford.

4. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Charles Tyrwhitt >> TM Lewin IMO and experience. Thy have a sale on now so there are bargains to be had at around $35!