• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TM Lewin Casual Shirts - Anyone Have any Experience?

KA1555

Reaction score
I've seen much discussed here about the slim qualities of their dress shirts, but does anyone have any experience with their casual shirts?

They make a "Boston Soft collar" and a "New England Button-Down", which they describe as having a "relaxed fit", but I was just wondering if anyone owns any of these or has tried them on.

If so, how do they compare to say, Thomas Pink's casual shirts?

Arbucks

Reaction score
Check the 'definitive guide to slim fit shirts' stickied at the top. Many people saying good things

(it was towards the end few pages).

Broadway

Reaction score
The NE Collar are fine. On the plus side, I love the fabric patterns, and often receive compliments in that regard. On the negative side, they can be a little flimsy, but the quality varies quite a bit by fabric. One shirt is more like the "luxury" fabric, the other is paper-thin, so take a close look before you buy. I would describe the fit as average: not slim, but also not too blousy. If you're not looking for a super slim shirt, and can get them for 19 pounds, I think they're a reasonable buy at that price point.

I like them better than Pink casual shirts. They're equal or better in quality, and much lower in price.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KA1555
I've seen much discussed here about the slim qualities of their dress shirts, but does anyone have any experience with their casual shirts?

They make a "Boston Soft collar" and a "New England Button-Down", which they describe as having a "relaxed fit", but I was just wondering if anyone owns any of these or has tried them on.

If so, how do they compare to say, Thomas Pink's casual shirts?

I have their John Francomb slimfit shirts and they are great (so far). I had them taken in at the sides and am happy with them. I placed an order for their dress shirts with French cuffs.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40