• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan You're killing it lately with the budget Iberian shoo recommendations. I bought a pair of Berwick 1707s after reading the review on your blog and liked them so much I bought another pair a week later.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan You're killing it lately with the budget Iberian shoo recommendations. I bought a pair of Berwick 1707s after reading the review on your blog and liked them so much I bought another pair a week later.

Thanks @Lucido, I'm glad I can help! :fistbump:

boot_owl

Reaction score
How's the sizing compared to carmina? Particularly rain last?

From memory (only tried rain lasted shoes on once) quite similar. I sized the same from the Alan last to the Rain last.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Update: turns out the old England leather is from Ilcea, which is also where the original museum calf is produced

zanci

Reaction score
Im interested what will they offer in shell.

Just hope its not italian shell...

AWu

Reaction score
What's wrong with Italian shell?

Not blaming here just want to know more as I am planning to get a pair of shell soon :bigstar:

Im interested what will they offer in shell.

Just hope its not italian shell...

Brovsko

Reaction score
Has anyone tried their loafers? Comment on fit?

- Brovsko

zanci

Reaction score
What's wrong with Italian shell?

Not blaming here just want to know more as I am planning to get a pair of shell soon :bigstar:
sorry, forgot to reply.

I dont have so much experience, but I got some rocado shell that I returned because it was so low quality.

Perhaps just a bad batch, but im steering away ...

Japanese shinki on the other hand, is great, comparable to horween (perhaps again a good batch...)

Horween is the best though

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple recent shots of the Murphy. I want to hear some feedback on the loafers too @Brovsko, they look nice.

2018-07-04 15.36.44_edited.jpg

2018-06-25 19.35.38_edited.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in case anyone cares, looks like yeossal starts to carry them too

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Based on the price point, I would say that TLB is above Carlos Santos and Yanko. However, I have no experience with the brand, other than browsing their website and looking at pretty pictures of shoes I cannot afford (been there, done that?). My question to you, kind gentlemen, therefore is:

How do their lasts compare to something more traditionally British, such as the Loake Capital last? Any particularities that you'd like to elaborate on...feel free. I need a few data points to make a judgment. My next pair will likely be a double monkstrap.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Based on the price point, I would say that TLB is above Carlos Santos and Yanko. However, I have no experience with the brand, other than browsing their website and looking at pretty pictures of shoes I cannot afford (been there, done that?). My question to you, kind gentlemen, therefore is:

How do their lasts compare to something more traditionally British, such as the Loake Capital last? Any particularities that you'd like to elaborate on...feel free. I need a few data points to make a judgment. My next pair will likely be a double monkstrap.

Fit just as comfortably as Loake capital does, I think the TLB instep is a HINT more generous though. Both facings on oxfords close fully for me 1 down from brannock.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone tried their tassel loafers? Need to find a beater for travel, CJ 341 fits me well, but Canvadish is on 325, Carmina Forest EE fits ok, but can do with a bit higher instep, Alden’s tassel’s toebox is too tight...(up in width then heel is too wide).

If they have higher instep and tight heel then i’m game

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads