• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t see a thread for these guys so I thought I’d start one and get the ball rolling. I discovered the brand on Instagram and I was curious based on the price point on how they would compare to others in a similar price range.

I went with the Murphy in brown suede which is on their Alan last. I was told to go with my normal UK sizing and for the most part I would call this last TTS. It has maybe just a slight bit of instep room but not enough for me to change sizes. Overall they are high quality materials, fit well, priced well, and have been comfortable right out of the box. What more could I ask for haha. I am quite impressed with them so far and I look forward to seeing how they age.

Here is some info on sizing compared to some other brands/lasts I have tried.

Brannock: 8-8.25D
TLB Mallorca Alan Last: UK7
Morjas 001 Last: UK7
Berwick 437 Last: UK7
Alden Barrie (Shoes): 7.5D
Alden Barrie (Boots): 8D (I like to size up as I find the boots fit smaller and I prefer wearing thicker socks)
Alden Van: 8D in cordovan, I like 7.5D for unlined suede.
Alden Trubalance: 7.5D
Allen Edmonds 1 Last: 8.5D
Allen Edmonds 5 Last: 8D (Fairly snug but fits well, only wear with dress socks)
Edward Green 606: UK7.5E
Edward Green 72: UK7.5E
Edward Green 888: UK7.5E
Carlos Santos 234: UK7
Viberg 2030: 7.5
Crockett & Jones 325 Last: UK7
Epaulet Tennis Trainer: 8
Nike Killshot 2: 8.5

Anyway I would love to see some more discussion on the brand as more people pick them up. In the meantime I am happy to answer any questions anyone has about my pair.

2018-06-05 15.07.31_edited.jpg

2018-06-05 19.42.40_edited.jpg

2018-06-05 19.43.39_edited.jpg

2018-06-05 19.46.09_edited.jpg

2018-06-06 12.34.09_edited.jpg

2018-06-07 06.43.49_edited.jpg

Last edited:

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like they have some really nice models available. I'd like to try their adelaides at some point. Yours look great, where would you put them on a quality/materials scale compared to other brands at their price point?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like they have some really nice models available. I'd like to try their adelaides at some point. Yours look great, where would you put them on a quality/materials scale compared to other brands at their price point?

I agree, I think they have quite a few really great looking models that I would consider down the road. I would say the closest comparison would be Carlos Santos, and in turn also Carmina (though I have not personally tried Carmina, I have heard many compare Carlos Santos to them).

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These would appear to come dirty so save the owner the bother of wearing them.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These would appear to come dirty so save the owner the bother of wearing them.

Lol what? Are you saying they look dirty in the new pics? It's just color variation in the suede depending on what way the nap is brushed and laying. The suede is actually quite nice too.

fowler

Reaction score
Picked up two pair from Skolyx. Both on the Oliver last.
Love the sleek rubber sole on the suedes.
Would definitely compare these favourably to my Carminas.

A couple of poor mobile pics taken during a storm (hence the laces):
tlb1.jpg tlb2.jpg

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up two pair from Skolyx. Both on the Oliver last.
Love the sleek rubber sole on the suedes.
Would definitely compare these favourably to my Carminas.

A couple of poor mobile pics taken during a storm (hence the laces):
View attachment 994105 View attachment 994106

Great looking choices. Oliver last looks quite nice, I think my next pair would be on it. I am really interested in that city sole as well.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

evangel21

Reaction score

boot_owl

Reaction score
Nice pair. Finishing looks good. Are these in the vegan leather? How do you find the leather?

Old England actually. I would have preferred vegano since I'm not sure where's the Old England leather was tanned, but it's quite nice - noticeably softer than meermins calf. Unfortunately I don't own a lot of calf so I can't give a good comparison. The clicking is, as you can see, excellent.

evangel21

Reaction score
Old England actually. I would have preferred vegano since I'm not sure where's the Old England leather was tanned, but it's quite nice - noticeably softer than meermins calf. Unfortunately I don't own a lot of calf so I can't give a good comparison. The clicking is, as you can see, excellent.

Ah it's the Old England. I'm curious about it as well and from the Skolyx pics couldn't really tell the difference between it and the vegano.

But from your pics it does look good. Good to hear it's softer than Meermin. How does it compare with Carmina or Carlos Santos or Yanko if I may ask?

boot_owl

Reaction score
Ah it's the Old England. I'm curious about it as well and from the Skolyx pics couldn't really tell the difference between it and the vegano.

But from your pics it does look good. Good to hear it's softer than Meermin. How does it compare with Carmina or Carlos Santos or Yanko if I may ask?

Better finishing than yanko, but I only have their suede and shell. Can't comment on Carlos santos but I'd say the quality of finish at least rivals Carmina (which I've only handled minimally). That said, I could've just received a lucky flawless shoe in the batch. I really can't find a single blemish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads