• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Peitron

Reaction score
Pictures don't do it justice. Don't see these in the wild often, I'm sure: Douglas 548 Wingtip Adelaide Oxfords, in Museum Burgundy, built on an Alan last.

PXL_20220810_164141390~2.jpg

PXL_20220810_185833392.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Last edited:

lvoonjian8888

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone compare TLB Main Line Keaton Double Monks with Alan last with Cheaney Imperial line double monks shoe before? Would like to know the difference in quality, fit & build.

manlai

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm about to buy my first pair of TLB Mallorcas (probably Goya black calf) and just wanted to share my experience so far. So to take the story a little further back, feet size changed in the last couple of years so replacing my captoes. Since I was visiting NYC I thought I would go to Carmina's boutique and get a little info in person about the lasts, take a look in person, get measured, and fully intended to buy/order on site. I walked in and I asked about a pair of captoe oxfords and his answer was: "Everything we have is on the website. You can browse there." Uh... ok... I looked around a bit and he brought out a pair for me to try on. Didn't really ask or answer any questions other than again directing me to the website. WTF? I didn't have many questions, just some are more square, some are more round, narrow, wind, and I want to know what they looked like and which is which before buying. He wasn't rude or anything but just got nothing from him other than "website." I ended up leaving and saying "Thanks, I'll check out the website." Say what you will about AE, but I've never gotten that kind of service there. I know it isn't across the board at Carmina either, as another person was in the shop at the same time and a different person with a tablet was excitedly talking and scrolling through options with him. I guess I got the wrong guy lol.

Anyway I felt a little salty so I went back to searching and found out about TLB, thanks mainly to this thread. I emailed Tony and he's been fantastic. Walking me through some options and sizing. We got everything sorted in 3 messages. Bonus they're much cheaper. They're just now reopening after holiday so looking forward to them soon.

Last edited:

Peitron

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm about to buy my first pair of TLB Mallorcas (probably Goya black calf) and just wanted to share my experience so far. So to take the story a little further back, feet size changed in the last couple of years so replacing my captoes. Since I was visiting NYC I thought I would go to Carmina's boutique and get a little info in person about the lasts, take a look in person, get measured, and fully intended to buy/order on site. I walked in and I asked about a pair of captoe oxfords and his answer was: "Everything we have is on the website. You can browse there." Uh... ok... I looked around a bit and he brought out a pair for me to try on. Didn't really ask or answer any questions other than again directing me to the website. WTF? I didn't have many questions, just some are more square, some are more round, narrow, wind, and I want to know what they looked like and which is which before buying. He wasn't rude or anything but just got nothing from him other than "website." I ended up leaving and saying "Thanks, I'll check out the website." Say what you will about AE, but I've never gotten that kind of service there. I know it isn't across the board at Carmina either, as another person was in the shop at the same time and a different person with a tablet was excitedly talking and scrolling through options with him. I guess I got the wrong guy lol.

Anyway I felt a little salty so I went back to searching and found out about TLB, thanks mainly to this thread. I emailed Tony and he's been fantastic. Walking me through some options and sizing. We got everything sorted in 3 messages. Bonus they're much cheaper. They're just now reopening after holiday so looking forward to them soon.

Tony is very attentive and his shoes are really awesome.

I also visited the Carmina NYC shop near Grand Central about a month ago. The shoes on display did not wow me. I tried on a couple of lasts, but honestly, aside from the Forest which I own and enjoy, none fit better than the TLB Alan and none looked sharper than the TLB Artistas. Salesman was OK, but the reps at Alden around the corner on Madison and at AE at the Rock were much more customer friendly.

I have a pair on TLB on my wishlist, but right now, with the AE Trunk Show around the corner, it will have to wait a bit.

Good luck!

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sad to hear the state of things at Carmina retail, your experience should be posted to the Carmina thread. It sounds like the retail reps could use more customer service training.

Enox

Reaction score
Anybody have any thoughts between which is a better value between Carlos Santos Benchgrade vs TLB Mallorca Artista? Looking at getting some black whole cuts and currently comparing the William 6903 vs the 108 Picasso. https://www.thenobleshoe.com/products/carlos-santos-patina-service vs https://www.tlbmallorca.com/products/665.
CS:
+ slightly cheaper, better reputation/more well-known?
- Not able to return if sizing is off
TLB M:
+ more bevelled waist, closed channel, able to return for sizing issues
- more difficult to resole due to said bevelled waist, close-cut heel

MD1969

Reaction score
I ordered my TLB Artista pair without the beveled waste and close-cut heel… love the shoes.

Peitron

Reaction score
Anybody have any thoughts between which is a better value between Carlos Santos Benchgrade vs TLB Mallorca Artista? Looking at getting some black whole cuts and currently comparing the William 6903 vs the 108 Picasso. https://www.thenobleshoe.com/products/carlos-santos-patina-service vs https://www.tlbmallorca.com/products/665.
CS:
+ slightly cheaper, better reputation/more well-known?
- Not able to return if sizing is off
TLB M:
+ more bevelled waist, closed channel, able to return for sizing issues
- more difficult to resole due to said bevelled waist, close-cut heelI would say

Artista is a whole other level, plus the customization and direct customer service is unmatched. If Toni offered more leathers, I'd have a dozen more.

That being said, I really like the CS z401 last.

Enox

Reaction score
I ordered my TLB Artista pair without the beveled waste and close-cut heel… love the shoes.
How were you able to do that? I looked at the custom tab on their website and I didn't see any options for that

MD1969

Reaction score
How were you able to do that? I looked at the custom tab on their website and I didn't see any options for that
I contacted the artisan and requested they be made with the Main Collection sole. He complied.

Olinoah71

Reaction score
Good day to all.

I am a happy owner of two pair of boots from TLB, both of which were customized. Toni was extremely helpful and forthcoming and helped me zero in on the exact makeups I wanted, which were not available with their MTO tool.

The first of these was the Artista line “Talway” field boot, which I ordered in dark brown hatchgrain + suede and the Picasso last . Toni kindly offered to make these with a rabbit fur lining as per my request. Here they are:
View attachment 1731529

The hatch grain is very supple and the boots needed next to no break in.

The second boot I ordered was a split toe derby boot that’s normally offered in the main collection, but Toni was once again, very accommodating and made it with the Artista construction on the Picasso last. This boot was made in scotchgrain which is a lot stiffer than the hatch grain and only loosened up after a few wears. Here they are:
View attachment 1731530

All in all, I am extremely happy with the product and the personalized service Toni provided. I would gladly recommend TLB at this price range.
I am about to order the Marvin split toe boots, and was wondering if you could post some more photos of your boots, including the soles, with natural light? Many thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads