• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Jeddie

Reaction score
Our experience is that the lasted shoe trees fit very well and fill out the vamp perfectly. The first batch of the Artista trees were a bit short, but this was addressed and since then we've only had positive comments from customers.

Do you work for Tlb?

So you do make the picasso trees thicker in the vamp area?

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
Good day to all.

I am a happy owner of two pair of boots from TLB, both of which were customized. Toni was extremely helpful and forthcoming and helped me zero in on the exact makeups I wanted, which were not available with their MTO tool.

The first of these was the Artista line “Talway” field boot, which I ordered in dark brown hatchgrain + suede and the Picasso last . Toni kindly offered to make these with a rabbit fur lining as per my request. Here they are:
9FB9A12D-AB0C-40CD-8E63-C3E4D4C660A5.jpeg

The hatch grain is very supple and the boots needed next to no break in.

The second boot I ordered was a split toe derby boot that’s normally offered in the main collection, but Toni was once again, very accommodating and made it with the Artista construction on the Picasso last. This boot was made in scotchgrain which is a lot stiffer than the hatch grain and only loosened up after a few wears. Here they are:
1DB8F7C5-882A-4C11-AC44-DCD3ED7B9336.jpeg

All in all, I am extremely happy with the product and the personalized service Toni provided. I would gladly recommend TLB at this price range.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you work for Tlb?

So you do make the picasso trees thicker in the vamp area?

No, I work for Skolyx, a retailer of TLB.

I assume the ones you have are the main line trees, I don't have any experience with those cause we haven't sold them. But like I said, Artista trees fits just like they should over the vamp.

If I'm not mistaken the first batch was pre-Picasso

No I meant the first batch of Artista shoe trees (was Picasso and Goya).

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gripe with TLB shoe trees is the fact that they work poorly with the narrower E width on both Picasso and G o y a lasts.

Another version for E widths would be something I buy immediately.

Noirkw

Reaction score
I have 3 artistas and 1 main line.

The artista lasted trees does fill out the vamp area for both the Picasso and Goya last

Jeddie

Reaction score

I assume the ones you have are the main line trees, I don't have any experience with those cause we haven't sold them. But like I said, Artista trees fits just like they should over the vamp.

No I meant the first batch of Artista shoe trees (was Picasso and ***a).

Yes they are the original non lasted tre

No I meant the first batch of Artista shoe trees (was Picasso and ***a).

Could you do me a favor and double check how a size 7 picasso tree fills out a 7.5 shoe?

I asked the lasted tree question in many shoe groups and they all said the same thing, their tlb lasted trees dont fill out the vamp area. Whether it be goya or picasso, multiple people told me their trees left a gap in the vamp.

If you have trees in the shop could you possibly check for me.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes they are the original non lasted tre

Could you do me a favor and double check how a size 7 picasso tree fills out a 7.5 shoe?

I asked the lasted tree question in many shoe groups and they all said the same thing, their tlb lasted trees dont fill out the vamp area. Whether it be ***a or picasso, multiple people told me their trees left a gap in the vamp.

If you have trees in the shop could you possibly check for me.

Can't check, our warehouse is located in a different city from our office, but I have my own shoes 11G with size 11 trees and they fit perfectly. Of course there will be some space in a 7,5 shoe with a size 7 shoe tree, since otherwise it wouldn't be possible to get it into the size 7 shoe. But it's still a really good fit with which restores the shape and brings down the toe, just the way a lasted shoe tree shall.

I'm not sure what you mean with "don't fill out the vamp area", but if they mean that the fact that you can push on the vamp and it contracts a bit with the trees in, that is how it should be. It's the same on all my bespoke shoes with lasted shoe trees as well. If you would make the shoe tree exactly the size of the last, and make it really fill out the entire shoe completely, it would be extremely difficult to take them in and out of the shoes. There has to be some space, and as mentioned, on 0,5 up there's a bit more. It's not wrong.

Franco Ocarez

Reaction score
Can't check, our warehouse is located in a different city from our office, but I have my own shoes 11G with size 11 trees and they fit perfectly. Of course there will be some space in a 7,5 shoe with a size 7 shoe tree, since otherwise it wouldn't be possible to get it into the size 7 shoe. But it's still a really good fit with which restores the shape and brings down the toe, just the way a lasted shoe tree shall.

I'm not sure what you mean with "don't fill out the vamp area", but if they mean that the fact that you can push on the vamp and it contracts a bit with the trees in, that is how it should be. It's the same on all my bespoke shoes with lasted shoe trees as well. If you would make the shoe tree exactly the size of the last, and make it really fill out the entire shoe completely, it would be extremely difficult to take them in and out of the shoes. There has to be some space, and as mentioned, on 0,5 up there's a bit more. It's not wrong.

Are the Skolyx shoe trees comparable to those of TLB Mallorca? I was thinking of buying several shoe trees and thought about whether these would do the job.

Can you give me your opinion?

Why doesn't Skolyx sell shoe trees of the Velasquez and Van Gogh lasts?

Thanks!

Emil S

Reaction score
Are the Skolyx shoe trees comparable to those of TLB Mallorca? I was thinking of buying several shoe trees and thought about whether these would do the job.

Can you give me your opinion?

Why doesn't Skolyx sell shoe trees of the Velasquez and Van Gogh lasts?

Thanks!
The TLB shoe trees is lasted, ours is generic, so the TLB fits better since they are made from the exact same last as the shoes.
We will stock Velasquez in future, and Van Gogh also if/when we have any stock model on that last.

unprocessed

Reaction score
My MTO is coming along. Artista jodphurs in the Van Gogh last, light beige suede, dark brown hatch grain straps.

Attachments

• C548E92C-7256-4381-8D06-5A8A18820D05.jpeg
    C548E92C-7256-4381-8D06-5A8A18820D05.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 167
  • BC2E3DC5-3913-49A8-9A14-03A4E3D290CB.jpeg
    BC2E3DC5-3913-49A8-9A14-03A4E3D290CB.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 160

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
The TLB shoe trees is lasted, ours is generic, so the TLB fits better since they are made from the exact same last as the shoes.
We will stock Velasquez in future, and Van Gogh also if/when we have any stock model on that last.
Just ordered a pair of Saphir shoe trees from your store. They look pointy enough to fit into a couple of pairs of Norman Vilaltas I was too stupid to order lasted trees for!

Franco Ocarez

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Saphir shoe trees from your store. They look pointy enough to fit into a couple of pairs of Norman Vilaltas I was too stupid to order lasted trees for!

Why do you say that? You could explain it well. I am about to make the decision to buy TLB shoe trees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads