• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

thuhoan

Reaction score
Anybody have any boot pics to share? Thinking of MTOing a pair of the split toe boots but always nice to see what others came up with

I wonder if they changed the opening of the shaft. I remember members saying that the shaft is really wide.

Xune

Reaction score

janoy89

Reaction score
Toni shared this photo with me a while back of a really nice custom pair in grey suede for anyone who interested, not sure if this is still available but wouldn't to ask.

peeeoanibcjegdcm.png

thefoobar

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for your help. I usually wear a Sineu lasted Carmina shoe. Any TLB lasts that are similar?
In my experience, nothing in the TLB offering is like Sineu (not least because nothing has such an asymmetric toe). I tried all their lasts last week in their shop, they're all *very* spacious in their F standard width. In E width Alan looks and feels a lot like Simpson but half a size larger.

Viatu

Reaction score
My TLB Artista 135s on the Go-ya last should be delivered today.

ducatiti

Reaction score
Any news of the upcoming Black Friday sale? Interested to purchase of my first pair of TLB's.

From what I heard, a notch higher than Carmina overall that I am a fan of :)

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any news of the upcoming Black Friday sale? Interested to purchase of my first pair of TLB's.

From what I heard, a notch higher than Carmina overall that I am a fan of :)
pretty sure TLB hasn’t done sales really on their Artista line which is the one you’d be comparing to carmina. Maybe a waived MTO fee or matching belt I think is what we saw in the past.

Xune

Reaction score
Waived MTO fee was in place recently, I'd be surprised if there was another. One can only hope :)
Maiden voyage of my pair. Artista finishing, hatch grain leather all around, natural inside. Van Gogh in F, city sole. Loose lacing, hence big gap - after few wears it's significantly smaller.

1636919367014.png

Nebbiolo

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I like the brand and I've seen some really nice shoes from them. However my personal experience has been a bit disappointing, especially with regard to leather quality. Here's what my pair of Artista 135 STDs look like after being worn 4 times in good conditions. I don't really know what to think... PXL_20211202_084541567.jpg PXL_20211202_084607748.jpg

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I like the brand and I've seen some really nice shoes from them. However my personal experience has been a bit disappointing, especially with regard to leather quality. Here's what my pair of Artista 135 STDs look like after being worn 4 times in good conditions. I don't really know what to think... View attachment 1713438 View attachment 1713439

Embossed grain leathers, and Horween hatch in particular, is notoriously difficult to click. Hard to assess the hides and how it will crease.

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I like the brand and I've seen some really nice shoes from them. However my personal experience has been a bit disappointing, especially with regard to leather quality. Here's what my pair of Artista 135 STDs look like after being worn 4 times in good conditions. I don't really know what to think... View attachment 1713438 View attachment 1713439
Doesn't look any worse than my GG

John8867

Reaction score
They look the same as other shoes to me. In fact, they will probably age really well if looked after.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like loose grain (belly?) leather to me. I would be dissapointed too, certainly at this price point.

I would contact TLB to see what they have to say. Can't imagine they will see this pair as exemplary of their work.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look the same as other shoes to me. In fact, they will probably age really well if looked after.

I don't agree, I own several pairs of shoes that are decades old which only show micro creases while being worn regularly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads