• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Adhazem

Reaction score
4AACF67C-202E-4445-9A0E-1C7D74C639D1.jpeg
433B7F23-11BA-4384-B8ED-133B01349D62.jpeg

The 121 with some poking.

30E3A53C-5CAC-49AD-A5CD-52B337D7E5E7.jpeg

The mainline boot. Looks much better.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Double soles will theoretically be longer lasting but will be stiffer and as @j ingevaldsson pointed out its a different look.

In my opinion it comes down to the look you want more than anything. The Artista double soles are relatively sleek for a double sole but it’s a different look. If it were me - If I were ordering boots or a casual derby I’d consider double soles but for an oxford or more sleek derby to be worn with tailoring I’d do the single sole or city sole.

Durability concerns are usually overblown and you’ll probably be able to go years without needing a resole either way if you’ve got a decent rotation.
Any difference in comfort? Shoe Snob says broken in double leather soles are among the most comfortable soles around, but I only have experience with single leather and rubber soles.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Would a medium brown museum calf longwing on the Goya last look weird/contradictory/too formal? I've never seen a Goya wingtip or longwing.

I could always ask for Bryan last (which would probably look best), but I'm worried I'll lose the arch support from the Artista lasts that way.

JackH

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time post.

Just want to thank everyone for such an informative thread. This led me to my first purchase from Toni and TLB, and had a really good experience.

Today I received my first pair of TLB Mallorca shoes and cannot be more excited to share this with you all. Firstly, I ordered this pair just 2 days shy of the recent Custom order week, and hence missed out on a small discount. Nevertheless, the shoes are amazing and they look very elegant and refined on my feet.

What I ordered: Artista line in the 110 wingtip design, in Van Gogh last on E width. Museum calf in burgundy and single JR soles. Very much like the pair The Elegant Oxford reviewed, which I took inspiration from.

I'd also like to thank the forum members who mentioned about double vs single JR soles - I originally had double JR soles as part of my order (like the Elegant Oxford), however after reading through your feedback, the single JR soles made more sense. I am now convinced I've made the right choice - the single JR soles ensures the sleek and refined lines stay true throughout the entire shoe. Toni was also accommodating to make this change, even though my shoes were already on the production line (although not yet at the sole stage).

Quality of shoe is superb - the high density per stich in the welt, the channel stitching, the bevelled waist, the fudging, and the overall sleekness combines to make an extremely appealing shoe for this price point.

In terms of fit, this pair fits very snug and I did not encounter any heel slip. There is very little wiggle room in the toe box, which is vastly different to my Allen Edmonds, so I'll need to get accustomed to this feeling. However the shoes fit like a glove and I can just imagine it breaking in and becoming more comfortable over time.

For those wondering about sizing: I have narrow heels and a low in-step. I normally wear US9.5D in Allen Edmonds Park Ave and Strand, UK8.5 in Carmina Forest (added tongue pad), and UK9 in Alfred Sargent Ramsey.

The photo here doesn't do it justice as I took them indoors, but when I have had a chance to polish, and wear them, I'll post some follow-up photos.

IMG_20211018_162328.jpg

Adhazem

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time post.

Just want to thank everyone for such an informative thread. This led me to my first purchase from Toni and TLB, and had a really good experience.

Today I received my first pair of TLB Mallorca shoes and cannot be more excited to share this with you all. Firstly, I ordered this pair just 2 days shy of the recent Custom order week, and hence missed out on a small discount. Nevertheless, the shoes are amazing and they look very elegant and refined on my feet.

What I ordered: Artista line in the 110 wingtip design, in Van Gogh last on E width. Museum calf in burgundy and single JR soles. Very much like the pair The Elegant Oxford reviewed, which I took inspiration from.

I'd also like to thank the forum members who mentioned about double vs single JR soles - I originally had double JR soles as part of my order (like the Elegant Oxford), however after reading through your feedback, the single JR soles made more sense. I am now convinced I've made the right choice - the single JR soles ensures the sleek and refined lines stay true throughout the entire shoe. Toni was also accommodating to make this change, even though my shoes were already on the production line (although not yet at the sole stage).

Quality of shoe is superb - the high density per stich in the welt, the channel stitching, the bevelled waist, the fudging, and the overall sleekness combines to make an extremely appealing shoe for this price point.

In terms of fit, this pair fits very snug and I did not encounter any heel slip. There is very little wiggle room in the toe box, which is vastly different to my Allen Edmonds, so I'll need to get accustomed to this feeling. However the shoes fit like a glove and I can just imagine it breaking in and becoming more comfortable over time.

For those wondering about sizing: I have narrow heels and a low in-step. I normally wear US9.5D in Allen Edmonds Park Ave and Strand, UK8.5 in Carmina Forest (added tongue pad), and UK9 in Alfred Sargent Ramsey.

The photo here doesn't do it justice as I took them indoors, but when I have had a chance to polish, and wear them, I'll post some follow-up photos.

Welcome to the club and congrats on a beautiful pair. Toni worked with me for a month on measurements and sizing. Normally I take 11E on Allen Edmonds and 11.5 D in most brands that have standard width. I got 10G in UK sizing and couldn’t be happier. The quality of work is really nice with my only criticism being the toe plate in consistency. I’ve had a pair done perfectly with flush plates And two that are not ideal with bits sticking out. The shoes themselves are beauties. Also don’t discount the mainline. They have some very nice shoes and boots. Their Vegano leather is very nice and full of character.

Commisar

Reaction score
TLB has much more refined lasts than CU, and my customer service experience has been much better with TLB. No contest in my opinion.
Great to hear..... I think my pair of black "dress" Chelsea boots will be TLB

Commisar

Reaction score
I just received a pair of loafers on the goya last in burgundy from Skolyx. The last forepart is exactly the same as crockett and Jones 341. The heel is much narrower and cut close.

The last is more elegant and sleek than the CJ 341. I am also tempted by the dark brown suede ones ...
Ohh excellent. I like a snug heel fit.

blackmagicsir

Reaction score
Welcome to the club and congrats on a beautiful pair. Toni worked with me for a month on measurements and sizing. Normally I take 11E on Allen Edmonds and 11.5 D in most brands that have standard width. I got 10G in UK sizing and couldn’t be happier. The quality of work is really nice with my only criticism being the toe plate in consistency. I’ve had a pair done perfectly with flush plates And two that are not ideal with bits sticking out. The shoes themselves are beauties. Also don’t discount the mainline. They have some very nice shoes and boots. Their Vegano leather is very nice and full of character.

I normally wear 8.5 UK from other brands and Toni advised me to get a 7.5G. I'm anxious about how it'll turn out but reading about everyone else's experience with Toni and sizing is very reassuring.

JackH

Reaction score
I normally wear 8.5 UK from other brands and Toni advised me to get a 7.5G. I'm anxious about how it'll turn out but reading about everyone else's experience with Toni and sizing is very reassuring.
Did you have to take a photo of your feet with some key measurements for Toni?

I had to send a outline of my feet noting the measurement in length and widest part of my foot. I suggest you also volunteer any other key attributes such as if you have narrow heels or if you have low, average or high instep to allow him to refine his estimates.

Fingers crossed that the sizing turns out right for you!

blackmagicsir

Reaction score
Did you have to take a photo of your feet with some key measurements for Toni?

I had to send a outline of my feet noting the measurement in length and widest part of my foot. I suggest you also volunteer any other key attributes such as if you have narrow heels or if you have low, average or high instep to allow him to refine his estimates.

Fingers crossed that the sizing turns out right for you!

Yes, I did. Toni also gave me reference photos as to how to take photos. Incredibly attentive customer service. I made my order some time ago (coincided with with MTO event). I'm really looking forward to my first TLB pair

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads