• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Noirkw

Reaction score
Thread needs more pics

20210907_084509.jpg

20210910_124546.jpg

20210827_182449.jpg

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread needs more pics

These are fantastic. I've managed to fight off temptation on the adelaide up till now because there is something I pick up in the produce pictures that I just can't place my finger on but that give me caution, but they look really fantastic on your feet. Now I'm sorely tempted!

Xune

Reaction score
I'll probably pick a pair or two. Wondering if it's worth to bump to Artista-level finishing if I'm after hatchgrain leather and city soles? I'd definitely do so when ordering smooth uppers and leather sole. Any thoughts?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably pick a pair or two. Wondering if it's worth to bump to Artista-level finishing if I'm after hatchgrain leather and city soles? I'd definitely do so when ordering smooth uppers and leather sole. Any thoughts?
The bang for your buck is substantially higher with artista. I'd go Artista. The fact that you can get lasted shoe trees with artista is also a bonus.

Viatu

Reaction score
I figure now is as good of a time as any to take the TLB plunge. With that said, those who are experienced TLB purchasers do you think I should go with a wide width? I have a pair of Carminas on the Inca (not a wide width) last which are very comfortable for me. I also have Yeossal shoes on the SG65 and DR70 (all wide widths).

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figure now is as good of a time as any to take the TLB plunge. With that said, those who are experienced TLB purchasers do you think I should go with a wide width? I have a pair of Carminas on the Inca (not a wide width) last which are very comfortable for me. I also have Yeossal shoes on the SG65 and DR70 (all wide widths).
I take the same size in Carmina's Inca and TLB.

db123456

Reaction score
Suppose, hypothetically, one wants to specify a fairly dressy reverse-stitch split toe -- something in the direction of an EG Dover on the 606 last. What are the best choices for a custom Artista order?

Brown boxcalf vs. dark-brown vegano? (I've never understood the difference.)

Single vs. double leather sole?

Thanks for any advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads