• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

apd90700

Reaction score
I wore my first pair of TLB Mallorca shoes today - for the first time. My initial impressions are jolly positive! I have barely recovered from ungodly blisters on my heels and it left me baffled that there was no rubbing on the heels on my first wear. Honestly, there was almost no break-in and the shoes fit me right of the box. The leather was also very nice and soft, but durable to the touch. I did leave them unpolished and will continue to wear them unpolished for 2-3 more times to have the leather open up more - only brushing until then.

All in all, my first impressions are stellar, very comfortable and good looking shoes. Though, I must say, shoes with such a long toe need a little time to get used to.

Also, I must comment on the customer service. I wrote to them to make sure that the sizing was on point and Toni replied and was super helpful in advice, measurements, similar brand sizes etc. He also made sure that I would select the correct size shoe trees. Pretty sublime, in my opinion.

Brown hatch grain TLB Artista in the Goya last.
Pics or it didn't' happen :).

thehkshoeshiner

Reaction score
Two questions.

1. Loafers - Jones vs Goya.
  2. Soles - City vs Leather.

Are the price of Goya and a Leather sole, worth it over lower priced shoes with Jones last [Loafer] or City sole [Monk strap].

Currently contemplating a loafer purchase, and the price difference is ~$60 USD. Not sure I feel very strongly about the Goya over the Jones, but if someone else has experience with them, let me know. As for the Monk strap, the price is around $100 USD difference to get a Monk Strap with the City sole vs Leather -- I'd have to customize a MS from TLB to get the Leather sole and without upcharge for a JR outsole it's around $100 more.

I think it really comes down to budget and what you are using the shoes for. I always use leather sole for formal/ semi-formal, and only rubber sole for more outdoor, higher exposure to rain weather. For Artista line, you will get bevelled waist so that would be one of the main reasons why you are paying a bit more.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My very first pair of TLBs, and one of my favorite pairs of shoes. There about a year and a half old now.

They are light brown old England leather, made on the Alan last, but upgraded to artists construction, hence the beveled waist. JR soles

tlb1.jpeg
TLB2.jpeg

Almost time for a resole.

tlb3.jpeg

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought this pair this week, some pics below, even more here on the blog. Artista Reverse stitch toe derby in dark brown Horween hatch grain, Velazquez last, single city rubber sole.

View attachment 1598425

View attachment 1598426

View attachment 1598428

View attachment 1598430

View attachment 1598432

View attachment 1598433

View attachment 1598434

View attachment 1598435

View attachment 1598436
Lovely shoes. Any idea how the last compares to Carmina’s sineu?

MacGuffen

Reaction score

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought this pair this week, some pics below, even more here on the blog. Artista Reverse stitch toe derby in dark brown Horween hatch grain, Velazquez last, single city rubber sole.

View attachment 1598425

View attachment 1598426

View attachment 1598428

View attachment 1598430

View attachment 1598432

View attachment 1598433

View attachment 1598434

View attachment 1598435

View attachment 1598436
What are your thoughts on using the Valazquez last on a wholecut?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely shoes. Any idea how the last compares to Carmina’s sineu?

Cheers! Sorry, no experience with that last. But Velazquez fit like all Artista lasts, only toe shape that differs.

Ordered the same just a few days ago! Beautiful shoes.

Nice, you're in for a treat!

What are your thoughts on using the Valazquez last on a wholecut?

Personally I prefer Picasso or Van Gogh for a wholecut, with more enhanced shapes.

apd90700

Reaction score
Do we all feel that City Rubber is more durable than single Leather [non-JR] outsole?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we all feel that City Rubber is more durable than single Leather [non-JR] outsole?

Yes of course, a good rubber sole will always be more durable than a leather sole, also compared to soles from JR, Baker, Garat etc. But that said, good leather soles, as the super prime Italian soles TLB use, are also really durable and will last well.

apd90700

Reaction score

View attachment 1598425

View attachment 1598426

View attachment 1598428

View attachment 1598430

View attachment 1598432

View attachment 1598433

View attachment 1598434

View attachment 1598435

View attachment 1598436
Would you compare the VELAZQUEZ to the GOYA over the PICASSO? Which of the Mainline lasts is it closest to -- OLIVER?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you compare the VELAZQUEZ to the GOYA over the PICASSO? Which of the Mainline lasts is it closest to -- OLIVER?

As mentioned before, fit wise it's just the same, only the toe shape that differs. As for appearance, it's not really resembling any of those, it's a slightly soft square toe with a bit more volume. I'd say there's enough photos around of all these lasts for anyone to get a good view.

apd90700

Reaction score
As mentioned before, fit wise it's just the same, only the toe shape that differs. As for appearance, it's not really resembling any of those, it's a slightly soft square toe with a bit more volume. I'd say there's enough photos around of all these lasts for anyone to get a good view.
Was more going for how it fits compared to Oliver. I only own an Oliver Adelaide, so not much to go on from fit perspective.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was more going for how it fits compared to Oliver. I only own an Oliver Adelaide, so not much to go on from fit perspective.

Artista lasts was developed from the main lasts, since fit was so praised for those, so they are very similar.

EUtroll

Reaction score
I've been trying to compare the pictures but I find it difficult to really tell the difference between the P and V lasts. Which one is more square?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads