• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for TLB shoes to be shipped in your experience? I placed an order a little more than a week ago and I have not even got a shipping confirmation. This seems a tad much. The shoes are from the ready-to-wear Artista collection.
I have always had a fast experience, but over the months there have been several people on this thread who said the exact same thing you just said. It is probably that that particular style and size you ordered was out of stock, but TLB is not able to update their website that efficiently. Everyone else you had this problem seems to have gotten the shoes in 2 or 3 weeks, from what I can tell.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for TLB shoes to be shipped in your experience? I placed an order a little more than a week ago and I have not even got a shipping confirmation. This seems a tad much. The shoes are from the ready-to-wear Artista collection.
Don't forget there's a lot of Easter things going on around here right now. In Sweden for example we have been closed from last Friday until tomorrow.

janoy89

Reaction score
Emailed Toni about any grey leather options in the near future and he got back to me with this suede. Available for MTO I think you just need to email him first since it's not on the site yet. Probably going to order a pair of cap toe boots in it soon.

peeeoanibcjegdcm.png

Last edited:

thedose

Reaction score

From my experience getting 2 pairs of shoes from them (exchanges because of sizing/fit issues, but I digress back to what I was saying) If it takes time, it's because the shoes you ordered, whether from Mainline or Artista, are being created. I don't think TLB makes shoes en-masse and just leaves them sitting around waiting to be bought. I think, again based on my experience, once they receive an order, they create the shoe, and send it out. This all happens rather quickly btw, and as Patrick and others have mentioned -- if you have any concerns, just shoot Toni an email and ask him about lead times, he is fantastic to work with.

It is a shame that his (Mainline) sizing didn't work for my feet, as TLB's customer service is fantastic, and I would love to give them my money.

Shoot him an email.

Last edited:

Boggis

Reaction score
It is a shame that his (Mainline) sizing didn't work for my feet, as TLB's customer service is fantastic, and I would love to give them my money.
I'm in the same boat! I've only tried the Artista so far but the sizing didn't work for me, I think I'll need to try some of the mainline lasts before giving up on them though. They make good shoes for a good price, and the customer service seems excellent.

thedose

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! I've only tried the Artista so far but the sizing didn't work for me, I think I'll need to try some of the mainline lasts before giving up on them though. They make good shoes for a good price, and the customer service seems excellent.

I thought about trying the Bryan, and some of the other lasts, the only thing is.... I am just so :inlove: enamored by the toe on the Alan, it really sucks that it didn't fit

Just look at that toe :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :worship2:???:
502-ALAN-VEGANO-MARRON-PAIR-SIDE_L.jpg

Last edited:

grenache

Reaction score
I’m looking at the brown suede NST on the Goya last and wanted to confirm sizing recommendations. I’m a 7.5UK in Rain/Sineu/Oscar and 8.0UK Simpson (all fit pretty well) and 7.5UK in L&T S/T/H lasts. I assume I’m a 7.5UK in Goya? Any fit comparisons to Carmina lasts?

cop1211

Reaction score
What’s the difference in the old English colors, and the museum colors? They appear the same to me???

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference in the old English colors, and the museum colors? They appear the same to me???
Might be wrong but I believe their Old England is hand painted crust vs museum which is aniline dyed and a little bit more stable so to speak. Someone else might be able to answer if I’m wrong. Also tapping in @j ingevaldsson to verify since he’d know best of anyone and I see in another thread he’s on

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be wrong but I believe their Old England is hand painted crust vs museum which is aniline dyed and a little bit more stable so to speak. Someone else might be able to answer if I’m wrong. Also tapping in @j ingevaldsson to verify since he’d know best of anyone and I see in another thread he’s on

Yup, correct. Both differ a bit between hides/pairs, sometimes they can look really similar, sometimes more clear difference. But when you see them in person it's clear that OE is hand finished and museum calf is not. In general, if you like one of them, you like the other.

loduN

Reaction score
I’m looking at the brown suede NST on the Goya last and wanted to confirm sizing recommendations. I’m a 7.5UK in Rain/Sineu/Oscar and 8.0UK Simpson (all fit pretty well) and 7.5UK in L&T S/T/H lasts. I assume I’m a 7.5UK in Goya? Any fit comparisons to Carmina lasts?

I think your size would be 7.5 UK.
You could ask Toni via e-mail on TLB website.

apd90700

Reaction score
Is everyone going with half size down on their TLB ML and AL loafers?

Also, opinions needed -- Old England Medium Brown vs. Burgundy for a) versatility and b) appearance?

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is everyone going with half size down on their TLB ML and AL loafers?

Also, opinions needed -- Old England Medium Brown vs. Burgundy for a) versatility and b) appearance?

For Jones it's common to size down 0,5, for Artista loafers on Goya almost all have their regular size.

gmathio

Reaction score
I'm half size down compared to Grenson and after the suggestion from Toni.
I ordered a Dark brown Williams in size 7.5, G width and I'm waiting to get it !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads