• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Before I issue a formal complaint I wanted some feedback. This is my first time getting this particular style of boot, so I thought I would ask.

Is it acceptable or common that the eyelets don't line up? It is worse on one boot than the other which leads me to think it was not done intentionally. Also, they only look noticeably miss alined when I put the boots on.

I have had this problem once before, but it was on a pair of Allen Edmonds Factory Seconds, and they were seconds precisely because the eyelets were miss alined. View attachment 1573624 View attachment 1573625
I don't think this is a mistake. I could be wrong but in most 'f my derby/blucher shoes doesn't align at the eyelets. I guess that's how the pattern is cut and how it fits. And then, the lacing has to do with it. If it's laced like this: https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/shoeshoplacing.htm

The mis-alignment is going to be more noticeable.

Not my pic but an example of EG Dovers

tumblr_nruprfZoaF1tp5gqao1_1280.jpg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is a mistake. I could be wrong but in most 'f my derby/blucher shoes doesn't align at the eyelets. I guess that's how the pattern is cut and how it fits. And then, the lacing has to do with it. If it's laced like this: https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/shoeshoplacing.htm

The mis-alignment is going to be more noticeable.

Not my pic but an example of EG Dovers

tumblr_nruprfZoaF1tp5gqao1_1280.jpg
Yeah, I also was not certain if the misalignment was unacceptable or not. That is why I asked. Either way, I emailed Toni, so let's see what he says. I'll be sure to let everyone know the outcome.

FinnishVintage

Reaction score
While I was really unimpressed by regular TLB line I still decided to try TLB Artista. Went for MTO through Patine.pl. Shoes arrived today (around 2 months after placing the order) and I must say that they look absolutely stunning for the price.

View attachment 1505715
View attachment 1505714
Such a sleek shoe! Looking forward to ordering my first Artista pair next month.
May I know which last did you choose for these? Really like the shape here :)

gmathio

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying my first TLB pair, a Dark Brown Williams in Alan Last. Has anyone any experience with this model?
Thanks in advance !

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better leather quality and better construction, right ? I've seen the 113 Artista but the Brown is not that dark...

its a bit of a miss imo that they don’t have a really dark brown in their line-up (even if it were just for MTO). They also miss oxblood if you ask me (I find their burgundy a tad bit too bright)

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ I'd say that Vegano dark brown is a rather classic dark brown shade, can vary a little bit between batches as always is the case with leather, where some are a bit lighter. Same goes for the burgundy, although it's definitely a burgundy and not oxblood.

Below a couple of pics of Vegano dark brown in different light conditions. Going darker than this and you have what is usually called espresso, which almost look black in some lights, which I know most don't really like their dark brown to be.

2P7A0284.jpg

DSC02266.jpg

John8867

Reaction score
As the warmer weather approaches I treated myself to a pair of Artista loafers and they arrived today. Fantastic, very happy with them! They are straight out of the box, not been brushed etc, and you can see the quality of the finish. It's excellent. Love the colour too, very versatile. I think I will get a lot of use out of these!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 110

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As the warmer weather approaches I treated myself to a pair of Artista loafers and they arrived today. Fantastic, very happy with them! They are straight out of the box, not been brushed etc, and you can see the quality of the finish. It's excellent. Love the colour too, very versatile. I think I will get a lot of use out of these!
View attachment 1580358 View attachment 1580359 View attachment 1580360 View attachment 1580362
These look great. I've been eyeing those.

Meyboom

Reaction score
View attachment 1580358 View attachment 1580359 View attachment 1580360 View attachment 1580362
Great looking loafers. How is the fit on them? I wonder because TLB uses the same last for its loafers as for its oxfords whereas most brands use a specific last for loafers.

John8867

Reaction score
The fit is perfect, very impressed. It's always a mild concern when you put them on for the first time, especially with loafers where you don't have laces to help tighten things up etc. No complaints there at all. The colour is stunning too, really love it as it will go with almost anything in the summer from jeans to chinos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads