• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My MTO arrived in 3 weeks.

Brown Hatch Grain on the Marvin boot, but modified to the Goya last with a mountain sole and a storm welt.
IMG_20210310_172554.jpg
IMG_20210310_172606.jpg
IMG_20210310_172618.jpg
IMG_20210310_172659.jpg
IMG_20210310_172632.jpg

Black Bear

Reaction score
I just received my Artista Full Brogues after they were shipped just yesterday! Toni's sizing recommendation was spot on and they're so comfortable..

I'll try to take some decent pictures the next weekend.

dsk321

Reaction score
It seems like the ankle shaft is rather large. Is that just the photos or reality?
Spanish shafts seem to run big for whatever reason. Theres a previous post regarding enormous bulk there, my carminas luckily are just small enough to close up without an unsightly mass at the top.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember a forum member kindly stated a pseudo review about his TLB boots and mentioned that the shaft was just way too big. Can't remember which page obviously but a quick search might show up.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before I issue a formal complaint I wanted some feedback. This is my first time getting this particular style of boot, so I thought I would ask.

Is it acceptable or common that the eyelets don't line up? It is worse on one boot than the other which leads me to think it was not done intentionally. Also, they only look noticeably miss alined when I put the boots on.

I have had this problem once before, but it was on a pair of Allen Edmonds Factory Seconds, and they were seconds precisely because the eyelets were miss alined.
IMG_20210313_170237.jpg
IMG_20210313_170200.jpg

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before I issue a formal complaint I wanted some feedback. This is my first time getting this particular style of boot, so I thought I would ask.

Is it acceptable or common that the eyelets don't line up? It is worse on one boot than the other which leads me to think it was not done intentionally. Also, they only look noticeably miss alined when I put the boots on.

I have had this problem once before, but it was on a pair of Allen Edmonds Factory Seconds, and they were seconds precisely because the eyelets were miss alined.
I have a similar issue on a pair of trainers with derby lacing. Someone with more knowledge of shoemaking should confirm but to me it seems more like a pattern issue rather than a case of the eyelets being punched in the wrong place. And obviously it happens when you're not wearing them too judging by the first photo, as opposed to this being caused by your foot.

Tough one to call - you could argue it's not worth returning them given it doesn't really have an impact on wear but given you paid a premium for a custom-made pair I think it's worth asking TLB to solve this.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RsE="Patrick1053, post: 10640515, member: 319450"]

I have had this problem once before, but it was on a pair of Allen Edmonds Factory Seconds, and they were seconds precisely because the eyelets were miss alined. View attachment 1573624 View attachment 1573625
[/QUOTE]
Personally I don't think the discrepancy is large enough to warrant a return. Sometimes a pattern and how it fits your feet can result in this misalignment.

That said, clearly it's something that bothers you, so I would at least reach out to TLB for some feedback. There might be an easy fix.

janoy89

Reaction score
Fwiw my only "complaint" with my TLB is with the shaft also. The quarters seem to be a little too big in general, I need to lace them up very tightly.

thehkshoeshiner

Reaction score

I have had this problem once before, but it was on a pair of Allen Edmonds Factory Seconds, and they were seconds precisely because the eyelets were miss alined. View attachment 1573624 View attachment 1573625

Just message Toni and see what he says.But if you wear them outdoor and already cause creases or damaged outsole then replacement may not be an option.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just message Toni and see what he says.But if you wear them outdoor and already cause creases or damaged outsole then replacement may not be an option.
nope, they are new. I'll send him a message. I only stepped out the front door for lighting reasons. The soles look new.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up to you whether it bothers you enough to return, but it is very common, at all price levels. My right foot pulls the facings out of alignment anyway, even if they are straight when not on my foot.

mke94

Reaction score
Does anybody know if they will offer the Horween hatch grain in burgundy?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads