• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my suede chukka boots on the Goya last.

Great looking shoe but I'm regretting my choice a little bit - it does appear a bit too smart on that last (also given I wear the narrow E width which makes the shoe even more pointy).

IMG_3862.jpeg

IMG_3864.jpeg
IMG_3866.jpeg

My only criticism is that the suede on the vamp of the left shoe looks nicked as if it had been accidentally scratched with a clicking knife. Very minor though and not overly noticeable.

Closely cut small heels and tight waists as always but to be honest I almost feel they're out of place on such a casual shoe. It would limit their use a bit, which I regret because they're really comfortable.

I know someone asked how Goya toes compare to Picasso - here's a photo side by side with my balmorals.

IMG_3870.jpeg

First time buying a shoe in Goya and I'm really happy with the shape - nice almond toe really similar to the Edward Green 915 /82 lasts - it's going to be awesome on an oxford (which I'm planning to order very soon).

janoy89

Reaction score
I don't think they offer any leather in gray, but I'd be very interested to join a MTO/ GMTO on a similar makeup in gray (Utah, other grain leather, or calf) + gray suede
Me too! This grey rusticalf that Carmina offers would be great for the lower part

48366921_1168239109991723_3640804018306940928_o.jpg

Boggis

Reaction score

Great looking shoe but I'm regretting my choice a little bit - it does appear a bit too smart on that last (also given I wear the narrow E width which makes the shoe even more pointy).

View attachment 1563251
View attachment 1563254 View attachment 1563255
My only criticism is that the suede on the vamp of the left shoe looks nicked as if it had been accidentally scratched with a clicking knife. Very minor though and not overly noticeable.

Closely cut small heels and tight waists as always but to be honest I almost feel they're out of place on such a casual shoe. It would limit their use a bit, which I regret because they're really comfortable.

I know someone asked how Goya toes compare to Picasso - here's a photo side by side with my balmorals.

View attachment 1563256
First time buying a shoe in Goya and I'm really happy with the shape - nice almond toe really similar to the Edward Green 915 /82 lasts - it's going to be awesome on an oxford (which I'm planning to order very soon).

I ordered the exact same spec (E width and all), not long after yourself so hopefully I'll get mine soon. I had a similar worry re: the last looking to smart for a casual boot. From the photos I think they look great, but I appreciate nothing beats seeing them in person.

Hope they grow on you and you get plenty of wear from them.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the exact same spec (E width and all), not long after yourself so hopefully I'll get mine soon. I had a similar worry re: the last looking to smart for a casual boot. From the photos I think they look great, but I appreciate nothing beats seeing them in person.

Thank you very much. Would be great to hear what you think once you receive your pair.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1563251
View attachment 1563254 View attachment 1563255

View attachment 1563256
Yeah, I don't have a chukka on it, but I do have the Goya last. I would not go casual with the goya last. Everything about the artista line from construction to last shape to heel and sole bevelling exudes refinement to the point of luxury. I wouldn't go mix it with casual models and leathers. Makybe a calfskin chukka with a leather sole to make "dress" chukka would work.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have a chukka on it, but I do have the Goya last. I would not go casual with the goya last. Everything about the artista line from construction to last shape to heel and sole bevelling exudes refinement to the point of luxury. I wouldn't go mix it with casual models and leathers. Makybe a calfskin chukka with a leather sole to make "dress" chukka would work.
I thought the rubber sole and the non-tapered heel would offset the formality of the last. And it does, to a certain extent. They look fine with dark denim or chinos, to be honest, but not 100% what I was hoping for. It doesn't help that my foot is narrow - I think they would look more casual had they been on the normal F width.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think they offer any leather in gray, but I'd be very interested to join a MTO/ GMTO on a similar makeup in gray (Utah, other grain leather, or calf) + gray suede
They do through their Medallion line I believe.

Viatu

Reaction score
TLB needs to show better photos of their lasts. Show pictures from above of each last.

Boggis

Reaction score
I'm a bit anxious now, but hopefully I'll like the look of it when it arrives. I think I saw photos of the Dark Brown Suede Chukka on the goya last on IG (maybe from Skolyx) which made me think it was a good idea, certainly looked good in the photos!

One of the thoughts I had was that often suede chukkas can, in my opinion, look a bit "blobby" as there's no detailing at all. I think Snuff suede is really susceptible like this and sometimes it looks like you've got two dead animals on the end of your legs. I was hoping the sleeker more sculpted shape of the Artista lasts would offset the blobby look.

corpseposeur

Reaction score
I love the TLB Artista stuff. I just don't know where to start. I have been thinking about some suede chelseas but I also would like some dark brown dress shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics