• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried both Goya and Picasso? Any suggestion/preference for which last to use for a pair of Chelseas/Jodhpurs?

Choose the one you think is best looking. The Vegano brown one below is on Picasso, the Vegano dark brown on Goya.

DSC01109-3.jpg

DSC01111-2.jpg

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goodness they both look absolutely gorgeous.

The picasso is maybe a hair too squared off for me but the Velasquez looks a nice balance, really hope I can order it in G width eventually

Velazquez can be ordered in G width. Maybe not in TLB's MTO system yet, but it's possible. Don't think there's a boot version of the Velazquez last yet though.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Choose the one you think is best looking. The Vegano brown one below is on Picasso, the Vegano dark brown on Goya.

View attachment 1557776

View attachment 1557778
Damn! The Picasso in that chelsea looks amazing!

I'm just waiting confirmation from Skolyx that they have available the shoe trees and I think I will get my first TLB. Still decding if I should go with dark brown suede or burgundu calf penny loafers.

Jesper, are you no longer collaborating with Skolyx?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn! The Picasso in that chelsea looks amazing!

I'm just waiting confirmation from Skolyx that they have available the shoe trees and I think I will get my first TLB. Still decding if I should go with dark brown suede or burgundu calf penny loafers.

Jesper, are you no longer collaborating with Skolyx?

Oh I am, but since we're not affiliates anymore I'm not allowed to mention anything on it.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed a custom order for some hatch grain boots. I can't wait to receive them. As usual, Toni is the best. He is very helpful, communicates quickly, and is quite flexible in accommodating my requests.

ZRH1

Reaction score
Just placed a custom order for some hatch grain boots. I can't wait to receive them. As usual, Toni is the best. He is very helpful, communicates quickly, and is quite flexible in accommodating my requests.

where is the Hatch Grain option? Toni wrote me yesterday saying that samples are ready but not the option yet.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where is the Hatch Grain option? Toni wrote me yesterday saying that samples are ready but not the option yet.
I talked to him directly. They said it would be available in a week or two, but I was able to order it now. He sent me a picture of a pair they made with hatch grain, but asked me not to share it.

Treader

Reaction score
Time will tell as I've only worn them once, but I feel that G will break in nicely.

Update on this. After 3 wears, my oxfords on the Goya last fit like a glove. They fit better than anything I own - better than AE, Carmina and Crockett and Jones which I thought all fit very well. I was skeptical of Toni's advice to get a G width and I was convinced I should buy H, but his advice was spot on and he knows his stuff.

Shetterd

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting my first (brown suede penny) loafer and considering TLB. I am not sure whether I should go with the main line or Artista. The former Jones last looks quite square, the Goya much rounder and more casual, would you guys agree? I have never worn a loafer before and so am not sure about sizing (I wear a 7 in Carmina Oscar/Forest/Rain) and would be interested to hear how you guys think Jones/Goya compare. Thanks so much!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics