• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Black Bear

Reaction score
For my next pair of shoes I'm thinking about either TLB Main Line or Carlos Santos, slightly leaning more towards TLB at the moment.

I have been going through this thread and understand what the differences between the Main and Artists lines are, except for the leather quality... Are the same leathers used for both lines, or is there a difference in leather quality?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
What is the current turnaround time for custom made shoes? The shipping section on the page says between 7-30 working days. I need some quality shoes with the Incas soles so I would not get killed right now with the snow and ice.

By the way: the GMTO spectator shoes look fantastic, but I am hesitant because they look like a real hassle to care so they would not get ruined.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the current turnaround time for custom made shoes? The shipping section on the page says between 7-30 working days. I need some quality shoes with the Incas soles so I would not get killed right now with the snow and ice.

By the way: the GMTO spectator shoes look fantastic, but I am hesitant because they look like a real hassle to care so they would not get ruined.
Message them on Ins, he responds quite promptly there.

janoy89

Reaction score
Turnaround is very quick, I ordered a pair of G width derby boots and it only took a couple weeks and that was over the Christmas period.

Boggis

Reaction score
There's been quite a few posts in this thread suggesting TLB have been great with sizing advice. Can anyone provide insight on the nature of that advice? I.e. did you provide measurements and they suggested what last would likely be best, or was it more a case of saying what lasts from other makers worked for you so far and they suggested based on that?

There's a few of their models I'd love to pull the trigger on, but anxious to avoid the faff of returning things, particularly If an exchange is unlikely to result in a good fit.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can provide measurements but those are quite an unreliable method to estimate your size from what I understand.
What I did, following Toni's advice, was to share my EG/C&G sizing and it did the trick, the shoes fit like a glove.

On another note, has anyone tried the Artista chukka boot? Any impressions?

Emil S

Reaction score
You can provide measurements but those are quite an unreliable method to estimate your size from what I understand.
What I did, following Toni's advice, was to share my EG/C&G sizing and it did the trick, the shoes fit like a glove.

Agree that its best to provide other brands/lasts/sizes and the TLB fit is usually easy to decide.
For the chukka ( personally have the Picasso version in vegano dark Brown) i find it to fit like the oxfords i have in Picasso. Lacing and fit over instep is great for me.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Emil S, thanks a lot, good to know it fits like the oxfords. I am an E width in Picasso but unfortunately don't see an option to customise the chukka on TLB's website. Hopefully Toni might be able to arrange it.

Boggis

Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I don't have a huge success rate of other lasts that fit me well, might have to summon some patience from somewhere and wait it out until I can travel somewhere I can try them on.

The chukka in dark brown suede is top of my list at the moment!

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Emil S, thanks a lot, good to know it fits like the oxfords. I am an E width in Picasso but unfortunately don't see an option to customise the chukka on TLB's website. Hopefully Toni might be able to arrange it.
Toni will almost certainly accommodate you. I needed an E width for a pair. Toni said that they did not have the E width last yet but would make it. He finished the E width last in a week and the whole process to get my MTO was only 3 weeks!

thehkshoeshiner

Reaction score
Toni will almost certainly accommodate you. I needed an E width for a pair. Toni said that they did not have the E width last yet but would make it. He finished the E width last in a week and the whole process to get my MTO was only 3 weeks!

Yes Toni is good! I got 2 pairs of custom-made shoes already!

Boggis

Reaction score
Hi, I have very skinny flat feet and an E-width is a very perfect fit for me, more room in the toes compared to Carmina Simpson which hurt my pinky toes in the same size. Compared to the F-width, the entire volume is brought down: heel, height of the toe box and vamp and width of course. Only if you have an F-width that is kinda roomy in the front, E-width would be a better fit. You could order an F-width to try it and then determine whether E could work. I like my shoes to be comfortably snug so it feels like the shoes are specially made for me. Due to the real leather stiffeners I don’t get any blisters during breaking in.

I swear I'm not stalking you, but I was trawling through forum posts about the New Rey last from Meermin and noticed a post from yourself saying you had this last. How would you compare the TLB E width to the New Rey?

I find the New Rey fits me very well on the heel and mid-foot, but the toe is more pointy than I'd like resulting in too narrow a fit in the toe box. It's very wearable, and one of my better fitting shoes, but I'd be reluctant to buy more shoes that are similarly cramped in the toe. If the TLB had similar heel fitting properties, but a roomier toe I'd suspect it would be a winner for me.

thuhoan

Reaction score
I swear I'm not stalking you, but I was trawling through forum posts about the New Rey last from Meermin and noticed a post from yourself saying you had this last. How would you compare the TLB E width to the New Rey?

I find the New Rey fits me very well on the heel and mid-foot, but the toe is more pointy than I'd like resulting in too narrow a fit in the toe box. It's very wearable, and one of my better fitting shoes, but I'd be reluctant to buy more shoes that are similarly cramped in the toe. If the TLB had similar heel fitting properties, but a roomier toe I'd suspect it would be a winner for me.

haha no worries. I don't own the New Rey anymore but if I recall correctly, the New Rey has a higher and roomier toebox, and has a bit more volume overall (to me). It is also a longer last. If you really need more toe room you might consider regular F or go half size up in E in TLB. TLB-E for me is still more comfortable than Simpson oxfords and Rain chelseas in the same size with regards to toe space.

Boggis

Reaction score
haha no worries. I don't own the New Rey anymore but if I recall correctly, the New Rey has a higher and roomier toebox, and has a bit more volume overall (to me). It is also a longer last. If you really need more toe room you might consider regular F or go half size up in E in TLB. TLB-E for me is still more comfortable than Simpson oxfords and Rain chelseas in the same size with regards to toe space.

Interesting, thanks! Yes it sounds like maybe I should go up half a size in the E width, the Ney Rey isn't too bad in the toe, but if the TLB has less room there it's not likely to be a winner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads