• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Andrew0409

Reaction score
I am very disappointed with TLB’s response to my feedback. I really supported this company and have praised their shoes that I own. But here is my honest and truthful experience, it’s pretty negative right now with them with this new email.

Hello Mr. Andrew,

I want to inform you that as I wrote in my previous e-mail, today We already send the belts to UK address.

I take the opportunity to tell you that I just see your comment in Style Forum and to be honest, I am strongly disagree about what you wrote and I have to tell you that you have been untrue for the following reasons.

• I never told you that we could send you the belts in three days.

• You have never informed our company that you needed the belts urgently or on a certain date. If you had asked and I had not been able to keep the scheduled service date, I would have contacted you and I would have informed you.

• You contacted us asking about the status of the order and we responded the same day, accurately informing about the situation and keeping the shipping date until it was done, and giving you a solution to send you the belts to UK when you say we can not do because you have to pay the tax, but after that, I explain you we can keep the same Invoice information and send to other place, We already told you a few months ago in previous emails.
You wrote in Style Forum that you run an online business and you say that when someone asks for an urgent service, you give it to them in 24 hours, I repeat that you have never informed me of an urgent date and a deadline to serve the order and at the same time, our company can not send nothing in 24 hours.

If you run a business, you will understand that it does not like to see comments from clients in forums that are untrue and therefore, on behalf of TLB Mallorca company and all its employees who work very hard to offer the quality that we are offering and the service that we are offering, I write you this email to ask you not to be truthful and not tell lies in the forums because if not, I will be forced to make the necessary decisions to show that what you say is not true and if your false comments harm our company, I will also do everything necessary to offset the damages that you may cause.

I work very hard in my life to run TLB Mallorca business and I will not allow a person to lie about our agreements, services and commitments. You can write what ever you want about TLB Mallorca, any opinion you have but I will not allow you to lie about me or about TLB Mallorca.

I respect you very much and I respect all TLB customers, and rest assured that TLB Mallorca also make mistakes like all companies, but also rest assured that if we do, we do everything possible to solve them and serve our customers.

My Best regards

I attached the original email asking them about shipping time. The question is even located on the bottom.

This is my reply to them.

Hello,

I have been 100% truthful and fair. I never claimed that I told you I needed it urgent, I said I ordered DHL express and it was my mistake to assume ordering DHL express shipping with a package includes shipping the package expressly.

This is your email to me when asked about shipping to Taiwan.

Hello Mr. Andrew,

Thank you very much for contacting with TLB Mallorca.

Around 3 business days and we ship with DHL express service.

If you need some other information, please contact with me any time.

Best regards

You did tell me 3 business days. I said very clearly you left out the relevant information included on your site which is also partly my fault for not reading.

I also never claimed you answered slowly. And I also said you resolved the issue as you said to my new location.

I do not appreciate you accusing me of lying and making what seems to be a threat.

Sincerely,

Andrew

I am shocked by their response to my feedback that was completely honest and fair.

Attachments

• CB6DD8B7-3E6D-499E-9ABB-3073608EFD66.jpeg
    CB6DD8B7-3E6D-499E-9ABB-3073608EFD66.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 181

Xune

Reaction score
I am very disappointed with TLB’s response to my feedback. I really supported this company and have praised their shoes that I own. But here is my honest and truthful experience, it’s pretty negative right now with them with this new email.

If they told you "Around 3 business days" and shipped within 4-5, not 8-10 (let's leave T&C aside), then I would still qualify that at "around 3 business days". Note that I'm in no way affiliated with TLB.

Very disappointing would be scenario as follows, which as I understand did not happen:
Customer: Hey, I need XYZ fast, can you ship it within 3 days? I'll use DHL Express.
TLB: Sure, we will ship within 3 days.
And then TLB procees to take 4-5 days to ship.

That would be indeed very disappointing. But from what I understand, that was not the scenario in here. Neither with informing about urgency, nor with promise of strict timeframe.

Andrew0409

Reaction score
If they told you "Around 3 business days" and shipped within 4-5, not 8-10 (let's leave T&C aside), then I would still qualify that at "around 3 business days". Note that I'm in no way affiliated with TLB.

You would qualify around 3 business days as 4-5 days+around 3 more days of actual shipment?

I would not. I was told around 3 business days, but the time it was more than 3 business days, the package has not even been shipped. Which is fine, I'm normally not in a rush and I did not tell them I was in a rush thinking the package would be out pretty quickly if I got "express shipping".

What would be the benefit of getting express shipping if it's not shipped "Expressly".

I take my own responsibility for not reading the shipping section that they had on their site. But I went by the information I was told and assumed wrong about how quickly it would be out. Which was completely truthful of what I wrote.

Konnor

Reaction score
You would qualify around 3 business days as 4-5 days+around 3 more days of actual shipment?

I would not. I was told around 3 business days, but the time it was more than 3 business days, the package has not even been shipped. Which is fine, I'm normally not in a rush and I did not tell them I was in a rush thinking the package would be out pretty quickly if I got "express shipping".

What would be the benefit of getting express shipping if it's not shipped "Expressly".

I take my own responsibility for not reading the shipping section that they had on their site. But I went by the information I was told and assumed wrong about how quickly it would be out. Which was completely truthful of what I wrote.
Not every company can be amazon and have the package at your door the next day. I'd say that 3 days is expressly if the other option would be 10-14 days of shipping time.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you still get them in time or did you have to go on your trip barefoot?

Andrew0409

Reaction score
Not every company can be amazon and have the package at your door the next day. I'd say that 3 days is expressly if the other option would be 10-14 days of shipping time.

I agree, but it was more than 3 business days before it was shipped. Imo, I ship everything within 48 hours. I try my best for 24 hours, and do same day if possible for people that order express shipping.

Regardless, I take responsibility for my own part. I do however find the reaction to the feedback really negative.

Andrew0409

Reaction score
Did you still get them in time or did you have to go on your trip barefoot?

I did not get my package yet, it was clear once I check in after 3-4 days to see where it was that it would never make it before my flight friday morning because it had not been shipped. They did resolve it by shipping to my Airbnb which I said, I did not lie about anything. I shared by experience and gave feedback on what I think could be improved.

John8867

Reaction score
I can only speak from my own experience but I've found TLB to have one of the fastest delivery systems around. Compared to others, they are super quick. I ordered a pair of Carmina shoes and they said two weeks but it took almost four before they eventually arrived.

John8867

Reaction score
I understand if you were frustrated as you had deadlines and needed them ASAP but with everyone still recovering from COVID etc I think I'd be happy with those delivery times.

Andrew0409

Reaction score
I can only speak from my own experience but I've found TLB to have one of the fastest delivery systems around. Compared to others, they are super quick. I ordered a pair of Carmina shoes and they said two weeks but it took almost four before they eventually arrived.

And that is a fair feedback and review of your experience. I am sharing mine. Their response was really poor to me, I would never speak to a client in that manner.

Xune

Reaction score
Wait, so in the end how long did it all take?

The way I understand you have to consider two things and if you run business, you're probably better aware than me.
1. The speed of shop processing your order - how quickly they will do all the legwork of moving the product from the warehouse to the delivery company.
2. The time it takes for delivery company to move your parcel around the world.

If they stated that orders leave their warehouse at around 3 days and it left within 4-5 days - IMO they delivered what they promised. If they stated "you will have parcel in your hands in around 3 days", then that was overpromise and underdelivery.

I understand your frustration, but would like to clarify for me and possibly others. I gotta say, hope that kind of trouble will be the biggest I'll deal with when shopping :D Just sharing thoughts.

Andrew0409

Reaction score
I understand if you were frustrated as you had deadlines and needed them ASAP but with everyone still recovering from COVID etc I think I'd be happy with those delivery times.

I had delivery issues from COVID, I made a disclaimer about it to my clients. But it wasn't on me, it was on shipping companies. I still operated on time. If it was the case with COVID, it would be nice to know. But it wasn't, it was just company policy to ship it within that time frame of 3-10 days. Which is fair, they listed it and I said they did. I just gave my feedback, nowhere did I lie.

John8867

Reaction score
Absolutely. At the end of the day we can only go on our own experience. Mine has been very good and I've heard many others praise the level of service. It sounds like you take delivery times very seriously in your work which is good so I can see how this would irritate.

Andrew0409

Reaction score

The way I understand you have to consider two things and if you run business, you're probably better aware than me.
1. The speed of shop processing your order - how quickly they will do all the legwork of moving the product from the warehouse to the delivery company.

If they stated that orders leave their warehouse at around 3 days and it left within 4-5 days - IMO they delivered what they promised. If they stated "you will have parcel in your hands in around 3 days", then that was overpromise and underdelivery.

I understand your frustration, but would like to clarify for me and possibly others. I gotta say, hope that kind of trouble will be the biggest I'll deal with when shopping :D Just sharing thoughts.

They told me DHL express was around 3 days. I attached the email.

The package has not arrived. It says it will come next Tuesday or Wednesday. Which would make it 9-10 business days total.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is where the problem lies. TLB was being honest and fulfilling what they said they would do. The customer tried to communicate with them to explain his needs. They both had two different understandings of the timeframes. Neither side was deceptive, but just a misunderstanding, which can easily happen through email.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads