• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Liam.C

Reaction score
I wear 10EEE in Allen Edmonds 65 last (Park Avenue, Strand). What size would I wear in TLB Mallorca shoes?
FYI, I wear 8.5 EEE in AE 65 last (a tad short, I'm kinda between 8.5 EEE and 9 EEE in this last), and 8G in TLB main line (perfect fit).
Never tried TLB Artista line.

Andrew0409

Reaction score
Does TLB ever have sales? I want to buy a pair of cap-toe oxfords, but I really don't have anywhere to go with one right now. If they have sales in the summer or fall, I could wait.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does TLB ever have sales? I want to buy a pair of cap-toe oxfords, but I really don't have anywhere to go with one right now. If they have sales in the summer or fall, I could wait.
I think Skolyx had some of the mainline TLB stuff but not Artista on their Black Friday sale and TLB did a free belt with a pair from their site if I recall correctly.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ We sold of some samples of the mainline we ordered when the factory opened (which was why there were loads of Balmoral faux full brogues in various leathers) etc. Artista will basically never be on sale, partly since the RRP is pushed as low as possible to be able to keep that price level. One of the reasons you get a lot of bang for the buck..

Last edited:

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ We sold of some samples of the mainline we ordered when the factory opened (which was why there were loads of Balmoral faux full brogue wingtips in various leathers) etc. Artista will basically never be on sale, partly since the RRP is pushed as low as possible to be able to keep that price level. One of the reasons you get a lot of bang for the buck..

Every day low pricing ;-)

More seriously though, like this model much more opposed to waiting for a sale..you like it, you but it.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every day low pricing ;-)

More seriously though, like this model much more opposed to waiting for a sale..you like it, you but it.

Yep, exactly ? Might sound corny, but it was a business decision, to keep margins a bit tighter but don’t do sales. I think it’s quite fair for both retailers and customers as well, everyone knows the price (we know what we will earn on each shoe, and customers know they get the lowest possible price at all times), and it’s certainly shoes worth it’s RRP. With this type of shoes it’s obviously easier as well, it’s not seasonal stuff which are out of date next year, we will likely offer most of the Artista models we have now in five years time as well, so we don’t have to sell of a model each season, we just restock the sizes sold out and keep the ones left for coming years.

With that said, completely agree that if one like a shoe a lot don’t wait for the sale, chances are big that the model won’t go on sale or size you are after won’t be available anymore etc anyway.

Last edited:

MrBoombastic

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a pair of TLB Artista Burgundy Oxford and was doing a bit of reading on SF. I currently own only a few pairs of Crockett and Jones (started off my shoe journey with a bang lol) but now am wanting to try something different and slightly more economical.

I just wanted to ask you how do you find the leather quality on TLB Artista? More importantly, how does the leather creases? From a few pictures I’ve seen here (have quoted nchia’s post below as an example), I notice some harsh creasing which makes me wonder if the leather is actually high quality and soft and supple. It may be unfair to compare it to C&J Handgrades at this price point but that is the only reference I have to help me understand. But then again, I‘d rather save an spend a couple of hundred dollars more on C&J, or something similar, if it means I‘m getting leathers that will age gracefully (I’d like to mention that I do take care of my things very well).

Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Artista Adelaide in Vegano Brown / Goya last (MTO with city rubber sole).

View attachment 1311714

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a pair of TLB Artista Burgundy Oxford and was doing a bit of reading on SF. I currently own only a few pairs of Crockett and Jones (started off my shoe journey with a bang lol) but now am wanting to try something different and slightly more economical.

I just wanted to ask you how do you find the leather quality on TLB Artista? More importantly, how does the leather creases? From a few pictures I’ve seen here (have quoted nchia’s post below as an example), I notice some harsh creasing which makes me wonder if the leather is actually high quality and soft and supple. It may be unfair to compare it to C&J Handgrades at this price point but that is the only reference I have to help me understand. But then again, I‘d rather save an spend a couple of hundred dollars more on C&J, or something similar, if it means I‘m getting leathers that will age gracefully (I’d like to mention that I do take care of my things very well).

Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

That type of creasing is only due to fit, lots of excess space over the ball of the foot which creates that.

Artista has excellent leather that creases finely I would say, surely at least on par with C&J BG (though BG has split suedes, while Artista only use full reverse calf suede), but maybe not as consistently high as C&J Handgrade.

Last edited:

WSB17

Reaction score
^^^ The kind of information I was looking for, so thank you.

I've been wanting to try TLB Mallorca shoes, and the Artista line seems like a quality, safe, choice.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Although I do not own either brand, I have seen in person, both shoes. They appear to be of equal quality in terms of materials and finishing.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ The kind of information I was looking for, so thank you.

I've been wanting to try TLB Mallorca shoes, and the Artista line seems like a quality, safe, choice.

Although I do not own either brand, I have seen in person, both shoes. They appear to be of equal quality in terms of materials and finishing.

Agree on the execution of finishing. What I hope people understand is that Artista has a bunch of construction and finishing features that are much more complicated then also C&J Handgrade has, plus for example real leather heel stiffener (conforms better to the foot) compared to C&Js leather board. If you put on an Artista shoe on the right foot and a C&J HG on the left, Artista is sleeker and more “bespoke like” in its appearance, the C&J will look almost chunky in comparison. These things is what all the fuzz about Artista is about ?

Last edited:

Andrew0409

Reaction score
Level of finishing yes. What I hope people understand is that Artista has a bunch of construction features that are much more complicated then also C&J Handgrade has, plus for example real leather heel stiffener compared to C&Js leather board. If you put on an Artista shoe on the right foot and a C&J HG on the left, Artista is sleeker and more “bespoke like” in its appearance, the C&J will look almost chunky in comparison. These things is what all the fuzz about Artista is about ?

I am probably going with the Artista line for my next shoes. I just purchased from Vass, but Artista seems better than Carmina. I also looked at C&J, I just prefer the aesthetics more on Artista. C&J is very English, which some will appreciate and others not. This is just my personal opinion after looking into these shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads