• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

LThomsen

Reaction score
What’s up, bro? From what I can see, the construction would have to go to TLB just for the slim beveled waist alone. Not to mention features like more PSI and the sole stitching going all the way back to the heel, the close-cut heel, etc. Materials also better on TLB like using real leather board for example. Finishes will also go to TLB by a slim margin, I notice it in the sole and heel edges being a bit smoother.

I’m just a guy that loves shoes but not a shoe expert like some others. I hope that helps.
Thanks

Andrew0409

Reaction score
What’s up, bro? From what I can see, the construction would have to go to TLB just for the slim beveled waist alone. Not to mention features like more PSI and the sole stitching going all the way back to the heel, the close-cut heel, etc. Materials also better on TLB like using real leather board for example. Finishes will also go to TLB by a slim margin, I notice it in the sole and heel edges being a bit smoother.

I’m just a guy that loves shoes but not a shoe expert like some others. I hope that helps.

I'm absolutely blown away by TLB Artista's from your review. It's an incredible steal at that price point IMO after doing some research into shoes. I hope you do a follow up on some of them after some wear to how they feel and hold up. As much as shoes should look esthetically pleasing, I still place comfort and durability high up.

Last edited:

unprocessed

Reaction score

@vriche Totally off topic question, but what brand of tie are you wearing in the Carlos Santos unboxing? Looks incredible.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@vriche Totally off topic question, but what brand of tie are you wearing in the Carlos Santos unboxing? Looks incredible.
Not sure if you saw my video from last Saturday where I’m wearing the shoes but I’ll probably do a true review in the future. Thank you, the tie is a Berg & Berg Ancient Madder from a few seasons ago.

arturobelano

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my TLB 121 Artista, Picasso last, in vegano dark brown (red lining + JR soles). The shoes are outstanding. Very comfortable, although I haven't been able to use them many times, given the circumstances.
Stay safe.

Attachments

• tlb 1.jpeg
    tlb 1.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 369
  • tlb 2.jpeg
    tlb 2.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 335
  • tlb 3.jpeg
    tlb 3.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 329
  • tlb 4.jpeg
    tlb 4.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 318
  • tlb 5.jpeg
    tlb 5.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 326
  • tlb 6.jpeg
    tlb 6.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 371
  • tlb 7.jpeg
    tlb 7.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 357

LThomsen

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my TLB 121 Artista, Picasso last, in vegano dark brown (red lining + JR soles). The shoes are outstanding. Very comfortable, although I haven't been able to use them many times, given the circumstances.
Stay safe.
They look great. How do they compare to other makers?

Andrew0409

Reaction score
How do you guys think the Artista comparing to C&J, Tricker's and Grenson?

From my personal exp, the Tricker's (mine is w2298) and Grenson (mine is G1) is sturdier and more coarse. The Tricker's fit is a little bit weird to me. Tight toe box, little heel slipping. And it hurts me damn hard for first time wearing. The Grenson is pretty much ok, while TLB fit really well. Of course, they can't match my RTW Stefano Bemer, but not very far behind.

I don't have C&J, so I would love to hear from you guys.

I will share my experience over Carlos Santos Handgrade when it arrives.

I don't own C&J but the TLB looks at least on par with quality if not better from what I'm seeing. I also think C&J is a bit overpriced. over 600 euros for their hand grade vs 425 for the artista line. I certainly do not see anything that justifies the 175 euro price difference.

But this is just my opinion. And to be fair to C&J, do they do have sales throughout the year.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stay safe.
Very nice, bro!

Meyboom

Reaction score
Stay safe.
Nice shoes, but be prepared for red stained socks...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads