• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of how comipel cordovan ages?

This pic is from a customer who ordered the double monk shown above. Only 6 months or so after he got them (and don’t know how often they are worn), but something:

9AE285F0-AB87-472E-9335-FA41A6927A5D.jpeg

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not better, but not inferior either, it’s different. Some prefer Horween’s, which is more glossy and oily (depending on brand and finishing though, Horween’s can come out quite differently between brands as well), while some prefer Comipel, which is more velvety and smooth, looks less like patent leather.

As I write above, many would not at all agree with that, and many prefer Comipel.

My mistake, I confused Comipel and Rocado. I don't have experience with Comipel but it's Rocado that I do not like at all.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I mean is that, would TLB accepting order for making the seamless wholecut in MTO program same as Saint Crispin

No, you have to last only by hand for that type of model, TLB and almost all other Goodyear welted shoe factories last with a mix of machine and hand lasting (usually toe and heel with machine, seat by hand, some premium brands last more by hand). Only know of one Goodyear factory offering seamless wholecuts, CNES in Vietnam, but then it costs like the St Crispin one (and that model is also hand welted, just that majority of shoes they make are Goodyear welted). Otherwise it’s mainly those who hand welt (StC, Enzo Bonafe, Meccariello etc) who regularly last all or a larger point by hand who offers it.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blekit

Reaction score
Those look mighty fine. How would you compare sizing to other brands you wear?
I'd say they are true to size. Feel slightly roomier to half a size smaller Yanko on 915 last and Alfred Sargent on 724/109 lasts in the same size. I bought mine from Patine, I think they are able to answer questions about sizing in more detail.

shoesforever

Reaction score
Posting this video review of TLB Mallorca from the Artista line from our very own @vriche . Haven't been able handle any TLB shoes myself and there aren't that much info on TLB except in this thread and Jesper's blog. On the spec sheet, the Artista line do seem to be better than the competition, but I find it curious that almost no one feels the leather is better than Carmina being that the leather is first grade leather. I do also know that it can be hard to really evaluate the leather quality without going a couple a miles in the shoes though and that it's hard to compare since there are so many different types of leather.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Anyone in the US stock TLB Artista line?

I'm unsure about whether there are stockists in the U.S. But I have purchased mine from Skolyx in Sweden, and I have had no issues with deliveries to the U.S. (I live in Chicago). Emil and Jesper's service is wonderful and the shipping has been fast. Besides, you save on the VAT!

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posting this video review of TLB Mallorca from the Artista line from our very own @vriche . Haven't been able handle any TLB shoes myself and there aren't that much info on TLB except in this thread and Jesper's blog. On the spec sheet, the Artista line do seem to be better than the competition, but I find it curious that almost no one feels the leather is better than Carmina being that the leather is first grade leather. I do also know that it can be hard to really evaluate the leather quality without going a couple a miles in the shoes though and that it's hard to compare since there are so many different types of leather.

why would you expect the leather to be better? Carmina retails for the same amount so am not sure why you’d expect it to be better. I imagine both use similar first grade hides and probably cut about the same number of shoes from each.

shoesforever

Reaction score
@Proleet Well, I just figured that would be the case, since it is one of the selling points. Wouldn't you expect the leather to be better than their TLB main line? Carmina's leather is nothing special compared to the higher end of the mid range spectrum.

@j ingevaldsson Any thoughts on this? I know you are biased, but still good to get some insight.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm unsure about whether there are stockists in the U.S. But I have purchased mine from Skolyx in Sweden, and I have had no issues with deliveries to the U.S. (I live in Chicago). Emil and Jesper's service is wonderful and the shipping has been fast. Besides, you save on the VAT!

ever had to return? I’m loath to try new sizing...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads