• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

LThomsen

Reaction score
I am considering having a pair of mto burgundy Oxfords from tlb.
Does any one have a pair that they could post a picture of?
Also, tlb offers a JR sole option. Should I go with a JR sole or a standard leather sole ?

weissmenswear

Reaction score
I am considering having a pair of mto burgundy Oxfords from tlb.
Does any one have a pair that they could post a picture of?
Also, tlb offers a JR sole option. Should I go with a JR sole or a standard leather sole ?

always go for the JR option (unless you truly need a rubber sole, anyway). The minimal up charge is well worth the extra life you’ll get out of the shoes, and the further out you can push that next resoling.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some please remind me of the MTO up charge for (i) JR soles, and (ii) G width.

Also, on the Artista line is a JR sole even possible?

thx

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some please remind me of the MTO up charge for (i) JR soles, and (ii) G width.

Also, on the Artista line is a JR sole even possible?

thx

Upcharge for JR is €25 incl VAT, no extra for G width. You can choose JR for Artista, yes.

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Looking at buying their Nolan model but I'm not sure to go TTS or not. My other dress shoes are Allen Edmonds, so I don't really have anything to compare my size to.

georgeka

Reaction score
Looking at buying their Nolan model but I'm not sure to go TTS or not. My other dress shoes are Allen Edmonds, so I don't really have anything to compare my size to.

I have Nolan in Vegano Marrón. I would say Nolan = CJ Pembroke, roomy in toe area comparing to my Carmina derby in Forest last. All of them 8UK, but I put cork insole in Nolan and Pembroke and then they fit fine.

Ninjaoptions

Reaction score
My latest TLB acquisitions. (Actually, they're from Black Friday -- with matching belts -- arrived a while ago but I wasn't home till after Christmas -- and didn't have time to unbox them till a few days ago. So I guess they are new year presents for myself, sort of).

578 Marvin on Alan last. Vegano Burgundy.

View attachment 1308019

574 Chapman on Alan last. Old England Navy.

View attachment 1308020

Really have to agree that TLB does navy very well, and do take shine very well too.

Both are very beautiful and exceeded my expectation.
@dave_rawitat Both pairs are stunning! I was also eyeing on these two pairs, with a slight preference on the navy Chapmans. Would you consider the navy color versatile for both casual and business causal dress code? Thanks in advance!

nchia

Reaction score
Artista Adelaide in Vegano Brown / Goya last (MTO with city rubber sole).

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Artista Adelaide in Vegano Brown / Goya last (MTO with city rubber sole).

Thanks for sharing. How would you compare the leather quality (softness, creasing, etc) to other brands you own?

nchia

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. How would you compare the leather quality (softness, creasing, etc) to other brands you own?

Apologies, I don't have much experience with other brands and I don't know enough about leather to comment on the specific aspects. I would say it's much higher quality than Meermin, and about on par with Carmina.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Selling my pair of Artisas if anyone is interested!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads