• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone comment on the instep of the Artista line? I have a lowish instep. For reference Edward Green fits my foot the best and of Carmina lasts, Simpson is best. Would Artista work for me?

All TLB lasts are pretty normal in the instep. As suggested, use a tongue pad (like this one), we have a lot of Skolyx customers with low insteps using them with a good result, for different types of shoes.

I am simpson 8.5 what size do you recommend with Goya?

Most wear the same size in Simpson as in the Artista lasts.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That will be great info!

Yeah! Have a friend who is very curious on this, so he intend to order shoes from a bunch of midrange brands and I will do a very detailed post, focusing on factual construction details like the ones listed above.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah! Have a friend who is very curious on this, so he intend to order shoes from a bunch of midrange brands and I will do a very detailed post, focusing on factual construction details like the ones listed above.

Does TLB fill cork from heel to toe or just the front part like Carmina?

Andreas _Zuo

Reaction score
I wear:
Carmina rain 9.5 UK
Carmina uetam 9.5 UK
Carmina Simpson 10 UK
TLB Mallorca 9.5 UK
Allen Edmonds (most lasts) 10.5D US
Alden Aberdeen 10.5D US
Edward Green 82 last 10 E UK

The TLBs fit quite nicely for me. I wear a thinner dress sock with them and it’s just the right level of hug. As with any sizing, YMMV and comfort can be subjective.
My size is:
Carmina Rain 7 UK
Carmina Uetam 7 UK
Carmina Simpson 7.5 UK / 7 UK for Boots
TLB Alan 6.5 UK
Frankly speaking, I assume my TLB Artista size is still 6.5UK.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Vass still answering emails from prior direct purchase customers?

Not sure, my last two orders were in their Budapest shop during vacay.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
The Artista 107... A real looker!

DSC01871.jpg
DSC01867.jpg
DSC01873.jpg
DSC01869.jpg
DSC01872.jpg

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
My latest TLB acquisitions. (Actually, they're from Black Friday -- with matching belts -- arrived a while ago but I wasn't home till after Christmas -- and didn't have time to unbox them till a few days ago. So I guess they are new year presents for myself, sort of).

578 Marvin on Alan last. Vegano Burgundy.

DSCF4028.jpg

574 Chapman on Alan last. Old England Navy.

DSCF4030.jpg

Really have to agree that TLB does navy very well, and do take shine very well too.

Both are very beautiful and exceeded my expectation.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you who like TLB but have yet to find to our Skolyx affiliate thread, we run a TLB Group-MTO each month which we highlight there, this month it's this gorgeous black Artista faux full brogue on the Goya last, with single city rubber sole. We have them open for a month, delivery is 6-8 weeks after it's been closed, they are produced no matter the amount of orders, you can choose width, and we offer exchange of size. Price is without upcharge, so €425 incl. VAT ($378 excl. VAT for those outside EU).

More info in our affiliate thread here, and on our Skolyx website.

If anyone has wishes of future GMTO:s, let us know, it has happened several times that we run models which our customers have wished for.

unprocessed

Reaction score
View attachment 1308771

For those of you who like TLB but have yet to find to our Skolyx affiliate thread, we run a TLB Group-MTO each month which we highlight there, this month it's this gorgeous black Artista faux full brogue on the Goya last, with single city rubber sole. We have them open for a month, delivery is 6-8 weeks after it's been closed, they are produced no matter the amount of orders, you can choose width, and we offer exchange of size. Price is without upcharge, so €425 incl. VAT ($378 excl. VAT for those outside EU).

More info in our affiliate thread here, and on our Skolyx website.

If anyone has wishes of future GMTO:s, let us know, it has happened several times that we run models which our customers have wished for.

TLB MTO program is great. Love my Artisa double monks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads