• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TLB Mallorca - Made in Spain Footwear

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is everyone going with half size down on their TLB ML and AL loafers?

Also, opinions needed -- Old England Medium Brown vs. Burgundy for a) versatility and b) appearance?
For Jones it's common to size down 0,5, for Artista loafers on Goya almost all have their regular size.

gmathio

Reaction score
I'm half size down compared to Grenson and after the suggestion from Toni.
I ordered a Dark brown Williams in size 7.5, G width and I'm waiting to get it !

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this info is available on the website, but this is still totally worth seeing.

A lot of shoe for the money. What’s TLB’s quality control like. Hopefully better than Carmina’s?

Patrick1053

Reaction score
A lot of shoe for the money. What’s TLB’s quality control like. Hopefully better than Carmina’s?
I have not seen anyone post a defect in this whole thread. I think Carmina's problem is that it is getting too big for itself. TLB is much smaller, and you communicate with the owner, Toni, directly. He is also very active in the factory, reviewing the shoes. I know this cause he has sent me pictures of shoes I have ordered while they were in production. He also told me he inspects them before shipping. If their lasts fit your foot well, then you really can't get a better $ to shoe quality ratio.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not seen anyone post a defect in this whole thread. I think Carmina's problem is that it is getting too big for itself. TLB is much smaller, and you communicate with the owner, Toni, directly. He is also very active in the factory, reviewing the shoes. I know this cause he has sent me pictures of shoes I have ordered while they were in production. He also told me he inspects them before shipping. If their lasts fit your foot well, then you really can't get a better $ to shoe quality ratio.
Cool. Thanks for your help. I usually wear a Sineu lasted Carmina shoe. Any TLB lasts that are similar?

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for your help. I usually wear a Sineu lasted Carmina shoe. Any TLB lasts that are similar?
I have not tried Sineu. Maybe others can chip in. Also, I would email TLB, and tell them about your sizing. People have said Toni is quite helpful with that. He accurately advised me on sizing for my first pair via email.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not tried Sineu. Maybe others can chip in. Also, I would email TLB, and tell them about your sizing. People have said Toni is quite helpful with that. He accurately advised me on sizing for my first pair via email.
cheers 👍

gld edmond

Reaction score
Is everyone going with half size down on their TLB ML and AL loafers?

Also, opinions needed -- Old England Medium Brown vs. Burgundy for a) versatility and b) appearance?
I wear an 8 in Carmina Rain, and had to go down to 7.5 on the TLB Goya, perfect fit!

apd90700

Reaction score
Double Leathers, JR Leather or Dainite [Inca] for durability?

apd90700

Reaction score
Another question.

No brainer or all brainer?

Option to buy a new pair of TLB Mallorca Main Collection, Two Tone Balmoral in Brown Suede/Old England Brown Calf, with toe medallion AND JR outsole for... $290 USD shipped...

Update* Mispoke, minus VAT it's actually $270.

Literally just stumbled on this one as I was looking to finish up a purchase of an Adelaide ML for $320, and was like, damn, now I have to figure out which to buy.

:)

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another question.

Option to buy a new pair of TLB Mallorca Main Collection, Two Tone Balmoral in Brown Suede/Old England Brown Calf, with toe medallion AND JR outsole for... $290 USD shipped...

Literally just stumbled on this one as I was looking to finish up a purchase of an Adelaide ML for $320, and was like, damn, now I have to figure out which to buy.

If it's the style and size you wanted then I'm not sure why you wouldn't grab it? If it's not what you're looking for though and you're jamming a square peg into a round hole to check the box because of the price then I'd pass.

If the extra 30 would get you what you wanted to buy then I'd spend the extra $30 and get the adelaide or just buy exactly what you want from TLB directly and not hunt for the deal if neither is exactly what you wanted. In the long run the 30, 50, 100 is a pretty small cost compared to the cost of getting something you don't want and selling at a loss or never wearing it.

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Another question.

Update* Mispoke, minus VAT it's actually $270.

I think that is a great deal. I'd buy them, and if it does not work out then you can resell them at little to no loss (maybe even a small profit)

apd90700

Reaction score
So, found two TLB ML for less than $300 with the JR soles. While they're not necessarily a style I was looking at getting, I'm making my first nice shoe purchases, so I have exactly 0 pairs in rotation right now. Probably buy all three in a shade of brown to get my brown rotation started off right.

Patrick1053

Reaction score
So, found two TLB ML for less than $300 with the JR soles. While they're not necessarily a style I was looking at getting, I'm making my first nice shoe purchases, so I have exactly 0 pairs in rotation right now. Probably buy all three in a shade of brown to get my brown rotation started off right.
Yeah at that price, you can't go wrong. If you don't like it they can easily be sold.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.