• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Potatoe

Reaction score
Those two weren't the comparison, the two pictures you were seeing in that post were provided as proof that I am not just buying pairs of shoes that are on sale. Those two weren't my style so I passed on them even at a $175 discount per pair.

The comparison is a Goya 111 vs Picasso 110.

View attachment 1612917

View attachment 1612918

Congrats on not buying ugly shoes :)

To answer the question, I'm not a fan of either shoe because I don't really like a lot of broguing on an oxford.

That said I prefer the darker color and the more chiseled toe on the second pair.

For the STD's I prefer the SOH and have been eyeballing them for a while.

I also like the SOH loafers. I think both shoes would be better with the outfit you described. (Sport coat with polo)

That said like you I'm new at this, so take what I said with a big grain of salt.
1621531867680.png

apd90700

Reaction score
Congrats on not buying ugly shoes :)

To answer the question, I'm not a fan of either shoe because I don't really like a lot of broguing on an oxford.

That said I prefer the darker color and the more chiseled toe on the second pair.

For the STD's I prefer the SOH and have been eyeballing them for a while.

I also like the SOH loafers. I think both shoes would be better with the outfit you described. (Sport coat with polo)

That said like you I'm new at this, so take what I said with a big grain of salt.
View attachment 1612928
Also saw those loafers. Very nice.

cop1211

Reaction score
Who cares what someone else thinks?
If you want to buy 10 pairs of shoes today do it.
Why worry about what someone else thinks.
To each his own.

apd90700

Reaction score
Who cares what someone else thinks?
If you want to buy 10 pairs of shoes today do it.
Why worry about what someone else thinks.
To each his own.
Agreed. One improvement if one could be made to these forums, is that we should all strive to be more positive in our interactions. Only offering positive feedback is a skill. One way it is learned -- first, say that such and such is a good choice for some reasons. Then say, but if I may posit, predicated on your stated style preferences, you likely would do well in this other thing. It's a tactful way to approach suggestion and persuasion. People tend to become defensive when others critique them, easier to persuade someone or guide them to the correct path with positivity.

Last edited:

apd90700

Reaction score
What's the consensus, is TLB the best value in higher end full grain leather belts? Thinking that most companies offer their belts over $100, with TLB having a bunch of different styles and sizes at around $95 USD, may be the best value?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the consensus, is TLB the best value in higher end full grain leather belts? Thinking that most companies offer their belts over $100, with TLB having a bunch of different styles and sizes at around $95 USD, may be the best value?
Anything you buy from TLB is a lot of bang for your buck, You can debate "best value" all day, but TLB will always be in the conversation.

apd90700

Reaction score
Anything you buy from TLB is a lot of bang for your buck, You can debate "best value" all day, but TLB will always be in the conversation.
I'm looking to buy some belts, not finding anything from the other major manufacturers that is in the price range of TLB, so thinking it's probably where I'll buy unless you all can think of another brand with comparable value?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some belts, not finding anything from the other major manufacturers that is in the price range of TLB, so thinking it's probably where I'll buy unless you all can think of another brand with comparable value?

apd90700

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Took a look. The Equus' RTW range most affordable option appears to be around $110 with three colors to choose from. If you add the optional 38mm width to the belt, the price looks to be around $126. With the TLB range, believe we can get closer matches to the shoe colors and they're 35mm RTW at $95. Probably going to go with TLB, but for other leather goods that seems like a good site to add to the shopping rotation.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Took a look. The Equus' RTW range most affordable option appears to be around $110 with three colors to choose from. If you add the optional 38mm width to the belt, the price looks to be around $126. With the TLB range, believe we can get closer matches to the shoe colors and they're 35mm RTW at $95. Probably going to go with TLB, but for other leather goods that seems like a good site to add to the shopping rotation.
Did you include shipping and remember to remove VAT from the equus and use the SF promo code? 38MM with VAT removed, the 10% SF code and shipping is about $125. TLB with shipping from TLB is about $135. Also stating the obvious but the lower of the prices isn't always the best value. It's a combination of price but also what you get. If it were my money there's something to be said for 250 pages of people with experience buying them and customization options. I'm not sure I've seen anyone on here posting about getting a TLB belt before - They make good shoes, I know they have access to good leather, I don't know that I'd want a belt from them. Just my 2 cents.

apd90700

Reaction score
Did you include shipping and remember to remove VAT from the equus and use the SF promo code? 38MM with VAT removed, the 10% SF code and shipping is about $125. TLB with shipping from TLB is about $135.
Hm, nice point, I did not for the Equus calculation. That said, I'm planning to buy maybe 3-5 belts to match the shoe colors I have, which would remove the shipping from TLB's belts [believe 3 belts qualify for free shipping due to 160 euro restriction].

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, THat is a nuclear bomb level of bang for your buck.

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Seems like you're very concerned with what other people think is best rather than what you like. Yes what other people think does matter but it comes off like you're trying to convince yourself by using other people as a proxy.

Buy what speaks to you and what you think you'll wear.

apd90700

Reaction score
I simply enjoy discussing things that I like, adds to the experience. That's the purpose of the forum, to ask questions and discuss things we enjoy.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two belts from TLB, now I'm obviously biased, but I really think they are great, don't think anyone getting them would be disappointed. I've worn my two belts literally every day the passed year, still look like new. They are made by Toni's father in his small workshop in the same leathers as the shoes, his father has worked as leather craftsman his whole life and is retired since several years, only thing he still do is to make the belts for his sons brand. When your boy asks, you gotta say yes ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads