• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tivoli Model One suitable for a bathroom?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's high time to replace the junky plastic mini-boombox I use to listen to news while I shower. I'm thinking of splurging on a sexy Tivoli, but I'm concerned about what the extreme humidity might do to the fancy wood & high quality innards. Bad idea? No problemo?

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Well does that answer your question?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
It's high time to replace the junky plastic mini-boombox I use to listen to news while I shower. I'm thinking of splurging on a sexy Tivoli, but I'm concerned about what the extreme humidity might do to the fancy wood & high quality innards. Bad idea? No problemo?

I want to know the answer to this as well. It shouldn't be to bad and as a consolation, they're only like $100 now so it isn't like you'll really miss it if you have to replace it. Then again, I don't think steam will be enough to ruin it.

stamp0102

Reaction score
i use my tivoli one in my bathroom. have done so for about 6 months. not problems so far (and i frequently forget to turn on the fan=lots of steam). I paid about $40 for like 2 years ago on sale at target. great little radio.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Tivoli PAL instead? It is weatherproofed and serves double duty as a portable.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have a number of models that are for indoor and outdoor use. Check them out on their website

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Maybe the Tivoli PAL instead? It is weatherproofed and serves double duty as a portable.

Yeah that one is looking like a smarter buy. It's a small bathroom (the Model One is said to have too much bass for enclosed areas) and electrical sockets are at a real premium, so the PAL's capacity to run unplugged and then just charge in the kitchen overnight is useful. Shame though, it doesn't have nearly the aesthetic appeal of the Model One. The PAL does have a certain charm of its own, I guess, especially compared to its peers, but if I'm gonna sit & stare at something everyday while defecating, I'd like to really like it.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a model one and you should know that it is unshielded. There is significant RF interference from nearby computer monitors and possibly other electronics. I had trouble finding the optimal spot for the radio in my office b/c of interference.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the PAL is shielded.

Also, the battery lasts for ages. If you use it 30 min a day, it might go over a month between charges.

Sadly, they keep increasing the price. I bought mine a couple of years ago for $129.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I believe the PAL is shielded.

Also, the battery lasts for ages. If you use it 30 min a day, it might go over a month between charges.

That seals it, PAL it is.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I buy a place I'm gonna put a waterproof touchscreen in the shower so that I can choose music off of my media server. That + rain shower = bliss.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
When I buy a place I'm gonna put a waterproof touchscreen in the shower so that I can choose music off of my media server. That + rain shower = bliss.

I'd probably use that screen more for Appreciation than choosing music.
teacha.gif

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
I'd probably use that screen more for Appreciation than choosing music.
teacha.gif

Yes, "that" screen, because this statement applies specifically to a screen in this kind of arrangement, rather than screens as a general category....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads