• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tissot T-Touch Watches

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been considering buying a Tissot T-Touch watch for some time now.

However, a little bit of looking around (in the various forums) seemed to indicate that the Tissot T-touch series isn't particularly known for its good quality or reliability (so much for Swiss watchmaking etc).

So, does anyone here have any experience with the T-touch series? Any advice on models that are reliable, or ones from which I should steer clear?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated; thanks!

jmiaotto

Reaction score
Have had one (wife bought) for under two years. Thought the battery died.
Took it in, they called back with a $415 estimate (works, plunger?, gasket).
Wife got extended warranty ( thank goodness).
Think she paid 'bout $1,000.

kittyhill

Reaction score
Tissot watches are famous in the world, aren't they? So It should be reliable and have nice quality. You know, nothing is totally perfect. As Tissot has quiet good reputation, just choose what you want!

cbird

Reaction score
I've had mine about five years, no problems, but used only sporadically.

VacheronMD

Reaction score
A T-Touch model is on sale on http://www.chronoshark.com/ for $289.00 just for 24 hours. I don't have any experience w/ these, Tissots are usually ok, but t-touch is not a conventional model. At least for $289.00, you won't feel as bad if it dies in a few years.

Intelligent Design

Reaction score
I bouguht a Tissot maybe 7 years ago or so. It broke within a year, I repaired it, and it broke again within a month or two.

I will never buy a tissot again.

atct86

Reaction score
I had a Titanium T Touch from 2004 on. The bezel lost friction, and would freely spin, and nothing was ever accurate with the meters. I did like the look of the watch.

Mine was actually stolen, and I would not buy another. I would wait till I could spend a little more.

Coldcava

Reaction score
I've had the Titanium T Touch and have also had to have it serviced within a year or two..

Not sold on the quality..

Compass works good
Altimeter isn't bad
Temperature never comes close, mainly due to an extremely obvious design flaw since the watch touches your 98.7 degree wrist, the temperature reading is always high, unless the temperature outside is over 98.7.
The alarm is a nice feature.
I wish mine was water resistant (to be able to swim with) but I've heard many a tragic story with t touches and water.

The titanium is light-makes a good watch for athletic stuff, if you don't mind. I bike with mine, and wore it in some adventure races as a back up compass..

It was cool when it came out, but some of the luster is off..

thunderthighs

Reaction score
"Swiss Made" is a pretty liberal term these days, and Tissot is a very low-end/mall brand at that.

http://www.tractionink.com/watch_wik...tle=Swiss_Made

Why exactly do you want a T-Touch, anyway? If you expand on this a bit maybe I can make some alternative recommendations that would give you better value/reliability in your price range.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Umm, guys. This thread is 2.5 years old. Some idiot troll decided to revive an old thread, so there you go.

And no, I do not want a T-touch anymore. I had a colleague who had one, and it looked really cool. I've moved on since then.

Zephyrnoid

Reaction score
It's not a dress watch but the Killer ABC watch of choice is the Casio Pathfinder. I only wear mine when involved in outdoors pursuits and I love it for that. I just wish Casio would produce a dress version of this amazing watch. Tissot is really a low end Swiss watch. Victorinox is a much better brand these days.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zephyrnoid
It's not a dress watch but the Killer ABC watch of choice is the Casio Pathfinder. I only wear mine when involved in outdoors pursuits and I love it for that. I just wish Casio would produce a dress version of this amazing watch. Tissot is really a low end Swiss watch. Victorinox is a much better brand these days.

Yup, I've a Casio Pathfinder -- great watch. Use it a lot for my outdoorsy stuff.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some Tissot's that are very fine watches for the price. I wouldn't class the T-Touch in that category, though.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adrift
Cassio? :S You'd be better off wearing a Toywatch.

Casio is highly regarded in the watch enthusiast realms. Toywatch is considered nothing more than what it is....a toy watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads