• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tissot PRC200 face color...Looking for input

Johnny24

Reaction score
Long story short I have roughly a $250 store credit at Macy's from returned gifts....I decided to spend the credit and the difference on a solid but not overly flash looking watch at sub $500...Macy's has a pretty slim selection of "quality" watches in that range other than some of their Citizen Eco-drive models, Seiko, and Tissot. I really like this model: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...%3D1%26spc%3D9 I think the blue face is interesting but for whatever reason most people seem to think a black face is more versatile for a watch when it comes to changing out bands and so on....... So....Skip it or be different than the world of black faced models and go for it?

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd skip it

Johnny24

Reaction score
Due to the face color/watch style or another reason? Tissot seems to be the "go to" along with Hamilton for entry level "quality" watches around here and with the store credit it is only going to cost me $125-ish. I wouldn't pay $375 out of pocket for it when it can be had on Amazon for $250.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that Tissot makes nice classic entry level watches, although I think Hamiltons might just step above. For the money is probably a nice watch. However, I'm not a fan of blue dialed watches, they look "ackward" to me, that's all.

Gwarg

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a blue face, I've got a watch with a blue face and I love it; it's so much more interesting than black!

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree nothing wrong w them, just not my cup of tea

Big T

Reaction score
Blue isn't bad, though it wouldn't be my choice. I did buy a black face watch and would not recommend to others to make the same mistake as I. Poor contrast makes it hard to see.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.