• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tissot PRC200 - Black, Blue, or White Face?

Ahheck01

Reaction score
What do you think is the most versatile color of face for the Tissot PRC200 watch?

Ahheck01

Reaction score
If I could throw this out there..

If you have an alternative band suggestion, would you mind posting pics of the combo, or at least the band you're recommending? Thanks!

-Evan

Yika

Reaction score
Pictures from the net
NATO_book_close.jpg
CIMG8520.jpg

Ahheck01

Reaction score
Honestly I've never understood that kind of strap. It looks rough, cheap and plasticky. Reminds me of the straps on my highschool backpack (pic attached). To each his own though, I still appreciate the contribution!

-Evan

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they were good enough for James Bond they're good enough for you

Ahheck01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
If they were good enough for James Bond they're good enough for you
I'm quite convinced that James Bond can pull off multiple looks that I cannot.

-Evan

Saenek

Reaction score
I have a black face with a perforated black leather strap. White looks good too.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
agree with first reply, black face is good ehough, and yes, get rid of that bracelet. It's not a dress watch, so wear accordingly.

ddragovi

Reaction score
i have a black faced one for sale includes the leather strap, hirsch pure rubber strap, and a nato strap...

all in perfect condition!

Ahheck01

Reaction score
Thanks, but once I decide on a specific one, I'm going to hunt it down for a bit less. I've seen a few go on ebay for around $100, so with patience I hope to do the same.

That said, it's looking like black is pretty unanimous. Not so much in the poll, but here and in other threads.

-Evan

ddragovi

Reaction score
just be aware that most of those on ebay are fakes... check out the forums over at watchuseek. the amount of fake tissot prc 200s on ebay is insane

Ahheck01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ddragovi
just be aware that most of those on ebay are fakes... check out the forums over at watchuseek. the amount of fake tissot prc 200s on ebay is insane
Okay, I'm going to ask the insane question that I'm not supposed to ask. I saw that post over there about the fakes. It seems like the differences are so minute, that only someone well versed in this specific watch could tell if the took off the watch and looked closely under a magnifying glass.

So if it seems the same quality, and keeps time just as well, why not save a ton of money to get pretty much an identical watch? I understand many replicas can be shoddy quality, but this seller has 100% positive feedback, and moves 7 figures a year, so not a whole lot of people are complaining...

Curious to hear your thoughts.

-Evan

ddragovi

Reaction score
yes, i see the appeal there and if your happy with that then i say go for it.

I'm sure the quality ranges from pure junk to pretty decent on replicas. and your right most people wouldn't be able to tell unless they took a good look at it.

personally i don't like to support someone selling a fake that claims to be genuine. but hey thats just me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads