Tired of wearing Old Spice spray on deodorant, what to upgrade to?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Swagged, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Swagged

Swagged Well-Known Member

I'm tired of wearing drugstore deodorant...I need better. I know it's not deodorant, but I love the smell of Paul Gualtieri Le male cologne, i'm into vanilla scents more than anything, but don't know of any other better ones out there that aren't too commerical like "Le Male." As far as deodorant is concerned I want to move away from Old spice, but it has to be spray on...

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

If I were you, I'd buy scentless deodorant and let the work of scenting be done entirely by a fragrance. That gives you more and better options.

3. diglett

diglett Senior member

I completely agree with Incandescent. Deodorant is cheap, and consequently smells cheap. Opt for a scentless deodorant and let your fragrance do the talking. I'd recommend Dove Men +Care Clean Comfort deodorant. It's not 100% scentless, but just smells "clean", and is made out of the blue material (that's often found in Old Spice) which doesn't leave any white marks. It's not spray-on, but I think that's something you'll just have to deal with; few, if any, spray-on deodorants are scentless. Most are more like something you'd find in a middle school locker room.

4. Swagged

Swagged Well-Known Member

I don't mind using unscented deodorant, I use to use mitchum unscented gel deodorant but that alluminun ingredient use to turn my whites yellow after washing them. Could you recommend and unscented deodorant, and how often should one where fragrance?

5. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Buy Maxim off Amazon to use overnight. It's a powerful anti-p that will last for days. Shower in the morning then wear any unscented deo, it makes little difference, and fragrance every day.

Wearing anything that's spray on is weird, and rude if you have to use it in a locker room with others around.

6. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

How does unscented deodorant even work? I thought all deodorant did was mask the smell of your BO. Unscented antiperspirant makes sense to me, but I don't wear antiperspirants.

7. diglett

diglett Senior member

^ Rather than having a "scent" it just smells clean. Think "fresh laundry" kind of smell. So it does smell like something, but it's not so strong that it'll battle with any fragrances you apply.

8. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Does it still provide decent protection against BO?

9. diglett

diglett Senior member

Absolutely. It seems to be a bit weaker than the pungent deodorants (e.g., Old Spice) but I think that's because it's relying less on masking your BO with another evil smell.

I only notice myself smelling a bit after I go to the gym at the end of a long day.

10. el flaco

el flaco Member

The Dove + stuff is excellent, scent not too strong so you can easily use a fragrance over it.