• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tired of being a weak-sack job candidate

Shoe City Thinker

Reaction score
I need to dominate and win a job offer. What aggressive tactics can be used to get a job offer? I need some sort of Jedi mind trick training that will convince hiring managers that I'm the only man for them. I'm desperate. I try anything that can secure a job in this crap economy. I'm tired of being a sheep. I want to dominate. I want to be a shark in the room that closes deals. I'm open to suggestions.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Offer daily handjobs to the employer that would hire you

Brian SD

Reaction score
You fools both disgust me.

Anything less than rimjobs aint gettin you **** in this job market. You should know that.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
im trying to decide if I should DT this thread, answer it, or offer the OP my PM services...

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me there are some key things for interviews:

1. Know whats going on. Research the company, stock prices, names of board members. Read End of Year reports and find successes, failures and growth areas. Once you have shown the interviewer that you're smart enough to understand the company, they see you as an investment.

2. Confidence. Offer to work for free for two weeks. You're so confident that you can make a difference in the workplace fast that you're willing to give them a no-fee trial. No one will take you up on it, but if delivered in the right way, it can be priceless.

3. Organisation. Have some searching questions lined up. Be there 10 minutes early. Write a follow up letter.

4. Attitude: If you approach it as if you are interviewing them, you'll be golden. For me an interview is for me to decide whether their company is good enough for me to work for. Because the assumption is that I'm up to standard my body language and speech patterns send ultra-confident signals.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above, but think that the OP isn't getting to the interview stage, amirite?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
This thread reads like a tagutcow "I'm DESPERATE, so how can I win over a girl with my confidence?" thread.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood

1. Know whats going on. Research the company, stock prices, names of board members. Read End of Year reports and find successes, failures and growth areas. Once you have shown the interviewer that you're smart enough to understand the company, they see you as an investment.

2. Confidence. Offer to work for free for two weeks. You're so confident that you can make a difference in the workplace fast that you're willing to give them a no-fee trial. No one will take you up on it, but if delivered in the right way, it can be priceless.

3. Organisation. Have some searching questions lined up. Be there 10 minutes early. Write a follow up letter.

4. Attitude: If you approach it as if you are interviewing them, you'll be golden. For me an interview is for me to decide whether their company is good enough for me to work for. Because the assumption is that I'm up to standard my body language and speech patterns send ultra-confident signals.

do all of that^^ EXCEPT work for free! NEVER discount yourself! NEVER!

boston_bred

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood

I agree with all 3, although maybe not the example used for the second one, there are certainly other ways to display confidence (not cockiness/arrogance) that aren't extreme as working for free.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Know somebody who knows somebody and then the interview is just icing.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont be afraid to be somewhat combative during cross examination, but dont come off as someone who's unpleasant to be around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads