• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tired all the time

PipPip

Reaction score
I have tried to get to bed earlier the last couple of nights but just couldn't fall asleep until around midnight anyway. I dont get home from work until 9pm to 9.30pm so to be in bed by 10pm is very challenging. Will have to try harder though as I think its likely to be a big factor. The only option is to try to fall asleep earlier as sleeping later in the morning is not possible as 6.30am every morning my 3 year old daughter decides to wake the household up.
I go to a gym 2 or 3 times during the week for 1 hour each time - normally one or two cardio (30 minutes cross trainer, 20 minutes bike and 10 minutes rowing) and 1 weights (machines not free weights). Then once during the weekend I normally do a 40 minute run.
I thought about the iron deficiency idea and having investigated my diet I'm not sure about that one. I have cut red meat out a lot but I eat sardines twice a week, salmon once a week and lentils or white beans several times a week. I also add whole bran to my morning muesli. So I think i have quite a bit of iron in my diet, but I'm not an expert on this so open to the idea that I could be selling myself short.
The depression idea is not one I've thought of as to my knowledge I've never had this so don't really know what it feels like. If it feels like you are very demotivated, exhausted and generally feeling a bit miserable then this could be my problem. I've always been quite energetic and a positive thinker in the past but people change. I will have a look at the light therapy gadgets. Must admit my skin does not see more than a few minutes daylight Monday to Friday.
Well thanks everyone for all your thoughts and ideas. I will try a few things and report back if the situation improves. I'm off to drag my tired old body to the gym!

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A full blood panel should tell you if you have an iron deficiency. You should get it done.

Also, you might want to take a break from the gym. Perhaps, between your work and your lack of sleep and 3 days of cardio in the gym, your body is just run down? How about taking 2 weeks off from the gym and just enjoying the time with family, etc.? As long as your diet is sensible, no lasting damage will be done to your physique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads