• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tips on looking more youthful....at 23

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
easiest fix: go back in time and be reborn as an asian.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
My brother has way less hair than me and he easily pulls more tail. It all depends on the shape of your head though.

It actually depends what's INSIDE your head.

Originally Posted by JesseJB
BTW how does having a girlfriend make you more youthful? Most girlfriendy-guys I know get sloppy and gross after a few months. Im seeing a girl right now and Im scared shitless of letting myself go and getting lazy.

Yes, a steady girlfriend will make you lazy and sloppy. Dating multiple women will keep you on your toes, keep your game up and make those women want you even more (because other women want you - women want what other women have).

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started loosing my hair at 16. Trust me, you will get plenty of ***** if you just have a good hair style and have interesting things going on in your life.

If you want to look your best, I suggest:
-working out 5 days a week
-keep your hair shorter than longer
-use a mosturizer on your face along with a facial scrub
-have properly tailored and fitted clothes
-eat a well balanced diet
-my dermatologist is in her 50's and has better skin than most people who are late 20's. She began using Renova and sunscreen everyday when she was in her early 20's. It worked.

But also work on developing skills, hobbies and interests that you can share with others. People are attracted to guys who do things not just say things. Good luck!

turboman808

Reaction score
I think I have found some pretty good ways to stay looking young. At 36 I am always thought to be 10 or more years younger. Just gonna type some things down real quick...

I take melatonin every night, not sure if it's 10 hours of sleep or the melatonin itself

don't smoke or drink-I see an instant change in how people look when they give up drinking and smoking

exercise an hour a day-weight training makes you look older-endurance training makes you more youthful

Antioxidants daily-get a megadose pill

Do not eat processed food-this is hard to do-very hard but worth it-I think this has changed my whole outlook more then anything-swear to god since doing this my dreams have been so much more vivid-pretty intense

surround yourself with people you love and have a positive attitude-this is hard for many but cut negative people out of your life.

try to get rid of stress in your life. Some thing are easy some are harder.

SwimmingWatch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Scrappy
With a tough schedule, you have prioritize. You can't slip because you're will grades will suffer and have stay up late nights catching up. I had the same problem as far as a hectic schedule but you put yourself first and can't try to please everybody. By that mean, they'll be lot of situations where you can't hang out with your people.

1. Get 8 hours sleeps
2. Minimize your drinking and smoking
3. Propecia/Minoxidil for hair
4. Monthly Medical Facials
5. Change your diet
6. Get a girlfriend
7. Get a Lean mass workout

good advice.

aniym

Reaction score
Nice to see that the thread's not dead.

I've begun a number of changes which I hope will pay off:

1) I've begun taking fish oil capsules daily, following the advice I read on one of the hair loss threads. I hope the 'telogen effluvium' stuff might apply in my case.

2) I always try to purchase fitted clothing. I normally shop at H&M and Express, and find that their stuff is well fitted (MX1s from Express could do with a little darting though). I've generally had people tell me that I dress nicely, so I hope to keep that going.
bigstar[1].gif

3) I am definitely getting enough sleep these days. Sometimes, it comes at the expense of work, which is worrying, but I'll try to improve the balance.

4) I'm following a more sound workout program now. I've tended to ignore weight training in favor of pure cardio (running/elliptical/some crunches), but I have a decent program for my shoulders, back and arms, and am already seeing results in my shoulders and back (arms, not so much
confused.gif
). I enjoy running, and only wish I could do it more than 3x/week; I do the elliptical on my weight training days. All in all, working out semi-seriously has already begun to have a positive effect.

5) I'll admit it; I began smoking in my soph year, and have struggled to kick it. (Have I already mentioned this?). Not too much, maybe 2 packs a month. But I've been cutting down recently, and hope to be done with it completely by New Years'.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IDirector
Wear a t shirt with a funny slogan.

Wear a t-shirt that says "I am trying to look youthful at 23".

upstarter

Reaction score
I will second using a moisturizer everyday that is SPF15 (and one without sun screen at night).

I use John Allan's FACE 15 for the past 2+ years and I love it (I'm 21). I also live in So Cal and have light skin, so I think the SPF helps. Be sure to wear polarized sunglasses to if there is sun out.

BTW, you do not need to use a facial scrub (except for your forhead and nose). Shaving already exfolites your skin, so a facial scub on top of that leads to drier skin.

Upstarter

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads